Author Topic: Dating etiquette for vampires  (Read 1972 times)

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
Dating etiquette for vampires
« on: January 27, 2023, 12:25:46 AM »
What kind of dates do you see Harry and Lara; or in their formal titles, The Winter Knight and the de facto Queen of the White Court, going on?

Will Lara want Harry to take her to Club Zero or do you think we will see them in a more formal setting, perhaps including ballroom dancing, maybe even a tango?  There should be multiple dates, so perhaps both.  Will they have to go to a Winter or Summer party, like the one Mab threw for Harry's birthday?  I'm thinking that would be a way for Mab to show Summer and the rest of the magical world that Winter and the White Court are now allies.

By the time they get to their final date will Harry and Lara's relationship have them growing closer to one another or will they be arguing as if they had already been married for ten years?  I'm assuming they will both be working on finding Justine and recovering the child; make that infant; unborn or born.  Do you think that will help unite them or drive them apart?  Of course, there is also the issue of Thomas and how what effect it will have on their relationship.  That is something of a wild card.  Thomas might be free by the end of Twelve Months or his release may not occur until after Mirror Mirror.

I'm guessing Twelve Months ends in a similar manner to an episode of the original Quantum Leap.  Just when everything gets settled Harry will get pulled into the Mirror Mirror universe, and maybe he will even say, "Oh Boy!".  Do you think that will happen just before wedding or will it occur after the wedding, but before the wedding night?

One thing I'm certain of; unless Lara can figure a way to remove Harry's love protection before the wedding, Harry will have to wear gloves whenever he goes out with Lara, otherwise he could burn her, and that wouldn't be a good look.  And Mab wouldn't like that either.

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Dating etiquette for vampires
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023, 11:35:44 AM »

They shouldn't be hungry when they go on dates. :o

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2023, 01:06:29 PM »
Not bring a snack.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2023, 05:04:48 PM »

No nibbling on the first date... :-*

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2023, 07:03:52 PM »
Not go to any Chinese Restaurant called The Jade Court, such as that at 1516 E Harper Ct, Chicago, IL 60615.

Obviously it’s a front to spy on the White Court, Winter Knight and Lady, Knights of the Cross, Baron Marcone, the Swartalves and everything going on in Chicago.

The Won Tons are to die for though.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 07:08:47 PM by Conspiracy Theorist »

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2023, 07:42:26 PM »
The Won Tons are to die for though.

That isn't just "foreshadowing," my friend, that is telegraphing... with artillery.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2023, 09:13:04 PM »
What kind of dates do you see Harry and Lara; or in their formal titles, The Winter Knight and the de facto Queen of the White Court, going on?

Will Lara want Harry to take her to Club Zero or do you think we will see them in a more formal setting, perhaps including ballroom dancing, maybe even a tango?  There should be multiple dates, so perhaps both.  Will they have to go to a Winter or Summer party, like the one Mab threw for Harry's birthday?  I'm thinking that would be a way for Mab to show Summer and the rest of the magical world that Winter and the White Court are now allies.

By the time they get to their final date will Harry and Lara's relationship have them growing closer to one another or will they be arguing as if they had already been married for ten years?  I'm assuming they will both be working on finding Justine and recovering the child; make that infant; unborn or born.  Do you think that will help unite them or drive them apart?  Of course, there is also the issue of Thomas and how what effect it will have on their relationship.  That is something of a wild card.  Thomas might be free by the end of Twelve Months or his release may not occur until after Mirror Mirror.

I'm guessing Twelve Months ends in a similar manner to an episode of the original Quantum Leap.  Just when everything gets settled Harry will get pulled into the Mirror Mirror universe, and maybe he will even say, "Oh Boy!".  Do you think that will happen just before wedding or will it occur after the wedding, but before the wedding night?

One thing I'm certain of; unless Lara can figure a way to remove Harry's love protection before the wedding, Harry will have to wear gloves whenever he goes out with Lara, otherwise he could burn her, and that wouldn't be a good look.  And Mab wouldn't like that either.

I think the biggest issues will be the formal/feudal ones...
  • They'll likely have to attend a fair number of "official" functions of the "it's just a party (but not really)" variety.
  • They'll need to "keep up appearances," and include some pseudo-romantic events where they "act like" there's genuine romantic interest.
  • The White Princess best not slight or insult Winter, and the Winter Knight best not slight or insult the White Court.
  • Etc...
Then there's the issue of their respective agenda's.  Does Lara want -- is she even willing (except as a last resort) -- to marry Harry?  She seemed to be reluctant, but that may have been performative, to set Harry off his guard.  Harry is desperate to avoid it, but I'm unclear how much he understands what Mab wants out of this; fulfilling Mab's ulterior motive (without getting married) is his obvious solution.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2023, 09:41:20 PM »
Many think Mab is creating an alternative for her Mantle in Lara rather than the current Winter Lady. There is validity to this theory, Mab has a price to pay and relatively soon if you take her conversation with Titania in BG and in her view Molly is not yet ready to be Queen.

The marriage to the Winter Knight is a conduit being created for the transfer of the Mantlebin the way she set Molly up in her training with Lea.

The ideal solution would be to effect this transfer without the marriage, certainly from Molly and Harry’s point of view, Lara? Does she realise this? Perhaps.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2023, 11:25:27 PM »
Many think Mab is creating an alternative for her Mantle in Lara rather than the current Winter Lady. There is validity to this theory, Mab has a price to pay and relatively soon if you take her conversation with Titania in BG and in her view Molly is not yet ready to be Queen.

The marriage to the Winter Knight is a conduit being created for the transfer of the Mantlebin the way she set Molly up in her training with Lea.

The ideal solution would be to effect this transfer without the marriage, certainly from Molly and Harry’s point of view, Lara? Does she realise this? Perhaps.

Lara seems rather more cold-blooded than Molly, which would surely be an asset in Mab's eyes.

My own WAG, though, is that Mab thinks the White Court hosts more Outsider-influenced agents.

There was Papa Raith; we don't know how much he was an "agent" of the Outsiders, but he had an Outsider-powered death-curse and an Outsider-powered anti-magic shield; one suspects he didn't get those without making some pretty substantive trade...

Then Justine, now wholly-possessed by Nemesis, right in the bosom of White Court power.

Maybe there was some artifact, an Athame-like item they each contacted...?
But maybe there's a working agent of Nemesis, still-unknown.

How can Mab be sure?  Well, she throws a Patented Harry Dresden Anarchygasm into the depths of the White Court, and sees what floats to the surface...

Of course, Mab never has any multi-layered plans, to there's no chance she's both probing for Nemesis and grooming a potential Winter Lady <*cough*cough*> .

But I'm tolerably sure Lara's not a virgin, so she may be ineligible to become the Lady...?

OTOH, Mab IIRC did specify that it was "becoming a mother" that was the Mantle issue (although she didn't say that "remaining a virgin" is not an issue) ...

Unless Jim WoJ's an answer, I think we'll just have to wait and see what he writes...

Offline Feral Plum

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2023, 11:44:35 PM »
What's their third date like?

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2023, 12:17:23 AM »
What's their third date like?

Easy Harry takes Lara to the Drive in in the Munster Mobile. What do they watch?

What We Do In The Shadows of course.

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2023, 04:13:48 AM »
Easy Harry takes Lara to the Drive in in the Munster Mobile. What do they watch?

What We Do In The Shadows of course.

I'd think harry would want to honor Mab by seeing Frozen....

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2023, 04:14:39 AM »

How can Mab be sure?  Well, she throws a Patented Harry Dresden Anarchygasm into the depths of the White Court, and sees what floats to the surface...

Now that would be fishing with dynamite....

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2023, 01:40:15 PM »
I'd think harry would want to honor Mab by seeing Frozen....

Nope. Harry doesn’t really honor people and Mab doesn’t strike me as rewarding brown nosers. Harry is sick of that song by Christmas Eve, and as What We Do In The Shadows is largely a dig at the Black Court she would love the film….to Harry’s disappointment.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2023, 07:30:15 PM »
Not bring a snack.

I mean Lara would probably be fine with Harry bringing her someone to eat as long as they shared, but I doubt Harry would go for it.