Author Topic: The fae slaves  (Read 1860 times)

Offline whitelaughter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: The fae slaves
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2023, 01:22:53 PM »
But, I take your point -- there is no "I quit" clause in the Mantle.
There wasn't an "I quit" clause.
But a trick Harry has used - death doesn't have to be final. Set it up to 'die' on Halloween, the Mantle moves, get revived.
A post of "I don't understand" will be ignored. The comment needs to say *what* bits you don't understand, and what bits you think you do, to be be worth responding to.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2023, 03:16:24 PM »
There wasn't an "I quit" clause.
But a trick Harry has used - death doesn't have to be final. Set it up to 'die' on Halloween, the Mantle moves, get revived.

Harry is a special case though, the only reason he came back from being mostly dead is the Queen of Winter, an archangel, and the keeper of Demonreach wanted him to be.  Notice the Knight's Mantle never left him, he wasn't all dead.  Now with all dead, the mantle would have moved on to the nearest suitable vessel..

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2023, 04:09:37 PM »
  Harry is a special case though, the only reason he came back from being mostly dead is the Queen of Winter, an archangel, and the keeper of Demonreach wanted him to be.  Notice the Knight's Mantle never left him, he wasn't all dead.  Now with all dead, the mantle would have moved on to the nearest suitable vessel..
The ladys' mantles and supposedly also the queens' mantles (Mab seems to think hers would go to Molly and I suppose Molly's) move to the next suitable vessel, but the knights' mantles are supposed to return to one of the queens, which happened in Summer Knight with Tolkien's mantle. The queen/lady can then put the mantle wherever she likes.

Harry didn't die, so his mantle simply stayed where it was. Had he died, it would have moved back to either Mab or Maeve, so they could choose their next knight.