Author Topic: New Weird  (Read 26609 times)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: New Weird
« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2023, 02:04:25 PM »
The Mandalorian was great. Grogu made my day. Badass and cute at the same time.
Now we are watching Manifest. The one with the plane that disappeared and came back 5 years later.

I am disappointed by Marcone's decision. OK, it kind of was obvious, but I honestly hoped the helicopter scene in Small Favor was misleading. IMO it was a stupid and risky decision and also against what I thought of his personality.

Edit: BTW I just finished washing the cat. She was very grumpy, because she just wanted to sit on my lap and do nothing. I even earned an impressive hiss. But she stayed and even let me blow-dry her fur, lol.

Yesterday she pissed down the basement stairs, yay.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 02:08:08 PM by Regenbogen »

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2023, 06:00:12 PM »
Hi Regen!
Agree about Marcone. I also do not want that Harry seems to have "warmed" at him. I liked him better when Harry, even respecting the man and knowing that sometimes they have to work together against worse threats, considered him scum.

Of course the cat is angry at you, annoying human who do not let her being lazy.

I have a busy week in front of me. Besides the normal work, I have to do a presentation for the process of confirming my job as I told you some time ago. Then next week will be the actual class (that is part of the process) and then...to wait for the outcome.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2023, 08:24:44 PM »
Hi, Dina! I know what job you are talking about. I wish you good luck.

About the cat, in case you wondered: I need to do the hygiene stuff for her, because she is too old to do it herself. And she smells of urine if it isn't done. Usually she lets me wash most of her body without getting angry. She only hates getting her butt, her tail and her feet washed.
But despite growling and hissing she doesn't attack me. I think deep inside she knows I am helping her.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2023, 09:07:10 PM »
Hi Regen!
Yes, I remember you talk us about your senior cat before. I am sure she knows you are doing it to help her, it is just that she can't help feel uncomfortable when you mess with some parts of her body. I am sure she trusts you and even when it annoys her she really does not resent you for it. Besides I bet she likes feeling clean after the bath. Cats hate being dirty.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2023, 11:51:44 AM »
May the 4th be with you, my friends!
Missing you, Md 

Offline PilgrimDan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2023, 04:19:17 PM »
:D HAPPY STAR WARS DAY, EVERYONE!! :D

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2023, 06:00:54 PM »
When you look at the dark side, careful you must be. For the dark side looks back.

Offline PilgrimDan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2023, 06:49:39 PM »
Thank you, Yoda Nietzsche.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2023, 09:38:39 PM »
Welcome you are, hmm hmm.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2023, 10:51:46 PM »
 :D I love my friends here.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2023, 05:35:06 PM »
I just wanted to report that I am alive and well  :)
I already did the thing I had to do and now I just have to wait to see if I can keep my job.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2023, 08:20:03 PM »
((((((Dina))))))
I'm alive as well and wish you luck. 8)

I have finished the 1000 pages book. The book was good, the ending was OK, it didn't quite satisfy me. Too easy.
All in all I was mostly drama, apocalypse, death, fear, nature strikes back, ...

Now I read something light and funny: The utterly uninteresting and unadventurous tales of Fred the vampire accountant.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2023, 01:09:03 AM »
((((((((((Regen))))))))))))
Thank you!
Sorry about the book but the other one sounds so fun  :)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2023, 01:49:18 PM »
It is fun and the other one was fun too. Just in an apocalyptic way, lol.

Just got home from work. Now I'm going to bake a cake for Mothers' Day tomorrow.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2023, 12:13:39 AM »
Ah, here Mother's day is in October, but i wish you a wonderful Mother's Day!! Hubby adds his good wishes too!  :)
Missing you, Md