Author Topic: New Weird  (Read 26613 times)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: New Weird
« Reply #300 on: March 08, 2024, 05:29:01 PM »
Hi. :)

My mother is OK, as far as she can be with her bad knees. The right one seems to look worse than before the hip surgery. She can't set it straight any more it just bends to the inside. One can literally see how it must hurt to walk with this.
She will need to replace the joint as soon as possible, but she is afraid because we know so many people who got infections or who didn't heal well. But I also know some who are well. But I have to admit, those are mostly people under 60. Though my uncle is older and he does well with his new knee, even though he is overweight.

I have to go to work now. I am doing the night shift.

'See you soon'
R

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 09, 2024, 10:56:18 AM »
Ow, that sounds so painful. I understand the doubts but if it is so bad as you said, the surgery seems to be the best option.

I am so tired. This week I had a couple of doctor and dentist appointments and it tired me. Mentally too, I dislike going to those places.
On the bright side, I just found that Sunday know is the Oscars awards show, so I now I have plans. I live such an adventurous and exciting life  :D
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 14, 2024, 08:58:33 AM »
I am feeling with you. Too many appointments also tire me. Especially dentists.
Next week I have an appointment to do MRI of my other knee. Doesn't look so well. The orthopaedist said I probably won't be able to keep the meniscus. At the moment, it isn't in the right place and can't fulfill it's purpose. But he is waiting for the MRI to help him decide how to operate.
Funny though, this one hurts less than the other one. He told me which movements I should avoid to not make it worse. Oops. And I did all that. So now I am waiting for the appointments and then he will tell me when the surgery will be. Yay.
But at least after that I have the chance of less pain, hopefully for several years. One should always prefer less pain to more pain.  ;D

Two weeks ago the tomcat has been neutered. Which was perfect timing, because last week little Lisa was on heat for the first time. As we don't let them outside yet, she at least can't get pregnant now.
Da Vinci is well. He is a big and heavy one with thick fur and a broad face. The ladies are well, too. Lisa is the smallest and still looks like a cute kitten, while Mona already looks like an adult. There is some hierarchy when it comes to the food. Lisa often waits until the others are almost done feeding, as long as she is not too hungry. But don't worry, she is getting enough food.

Today, I have no appointments. And also I am on vacation. My boss wanted us all to take a few days during the first quarter of the year, so that there won't be too many missing too long during summer time. So I decided to throw a few random vacation days into March. Honestly, I am quite happy about them now because of all the appointments. I am doing computer stuff and some gardening in my spare time. Sadly the week goes by so fast. It's Thursday already.
My life is exciting, too. LOL

Edit: oh, and I completely forgot to ask my aunt about the colour TV.   But we had much fun together and talked a lot about other stuff.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2024, 09:00:22 AM by Regenbogen »

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 18, 2024, 09:22:18 PM »
Hi!
Speaking of dentist, I just made a panoramic RX of my mouth, which I had not done in decades. It is so weird to see your own mouth that way.
I wish you luck with your MRI and with the operation if/when it happens. All the good vibes to help you be pain-free.
I am sure your three cats are so cute, even if two of them look all-grown-ups now.
I hope you enjoyed your vacation and gardening.
About your aunt, well, he important thing is that you had a good time talking with her, even if no colour TV were mentioned.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 24, 2024, 11:15:43 AM »
Hi, everybody!
I've just watched Sendung mit der Maus, like every Sunday. There was a funny episode of Shaun the Sheep in it.
This week I will start painting eggs for Easter. Maybe I'll let the kids help...  ;D

Also I have started a new book a colleague gave to me. It is called Ever After, is about decendants of fairy tale creatures in modern time London. Well, and after I read a few pages, I realised that it isn't a translation but was originally written in German. I can't say what gave it away specifically, just that some phrasings would not exist in a translation from English. I researched the author and found out that she often gives her books English titles. Weird, but OK. I can't say anything about the quality of the book yet, as I am only in the first chapter, but I am looking forward to the rest. My colleague said it became surprisingly exciting. Though I don't know about her tastes yet. Could be that her exciting is different than my exciting. I've given her the first two books of the Dresden Files. We'll see, how she likes it. The chances are not great, because she only reads in German. And I have told you some while ago, that the translation is not that good in my opinion.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 24, 2024, 07:52:51 PM »
Hi everybody!
Regen, that sounds good. It reminded me to one of my favourite comic books, Fables. It is different though, because in Fables the stories themselves, like Snow White and Cinderella are around, not their descendants. Also, that reminds me I have to read the Fables "revival" which was done several years after the original run.

Today is the beginning of the Holy Week. It is the day we remember Jesus in the Olive Tree forest and it is traditional to have a few olive branches (they are sold for whatever you want, as a charity thing) and have them blessed in the Holy  Mass. We have a super long weekend this year. Good Thursday and Friday are off days, but we also have the following Monday and Tuesday off, because Tuesday is the day we remember the Malvinas (Falklands) war and then Monday is a bridge.
On this Tuesday I begin dictating my classes. Looking forward to meet the new students!
Missing you, Md