Author Topic: I watch The Dresden Files TV series about twice a year,  (Read 1277 times)

Offline edge1973

• Lurker
    • View Profile
I watch The Dresden Files TV series about twice a year,
« on: December 16, 2022, 06:44:46 AM »
My wife like it, my kids grew up on it, they started watching it around 5 or 6 years old.  Started watching it tonight, they started migrating over to watch it, even though they have seen it before, they let go of their devices and watched it.  I really like the show, I accepted the cosmetic changes, so many pounced on so hard , we lost a second season...  Harry isn't tall enough, they didn't have a 6'9 talented actor around for that.  Paul BlackThorn did very good.  Murphy wasn't blonde....Valerie Cruz is great!  Morgan is supposed to be an old , white guy, not black.  I like Conrad Coates, thought he was great.  Complaints about the jeep, although there was possible foreshadowing, as the blue beetle was in the shop, probably being fixed up to sell to Harry.  Harry's staff and blasting rod are stupid, he is just using a hockey stick and a drum stick, how lame!  I thought it was also great, This was Harry started out, being broke, so broke he didn't eat half the time and really appreciate a a coke, or beer and sandwich at Mac's when he got paid.  Season 1 was low budget, but did well, it was setting up a foundation, I thought for better seasons to come.  But, many in the community was just to harsh and adamant.  I tried to get everyone to give it a chance.  Sigh....  Now we have nothing, sans season 1, it has been 11 years, I would love to see a reboot.  But honestly, I like the mood, pacing , and setting of the original and would hate to see that sacrificed for special effects or better cosmetics to appease the naysayers.  I really hope for a reboot someday soon before I die, I would like to share with my kids before I go.  So hopefullly, it will become a thing before too long, and hopefully the fans will less critical and more of a High Support Council that works with the show to help improve it, instead of bash it into the group and destroy it with bad rating for simple things. 

If you haven't seen the series.  Hope on FeeVee or Tubi, if you do not have the BluRay, and give it a try.  Be open minded and allow some alterations.  Accept for being a decent show on its own, but seperate from the books.  Regardless, Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas, to you all!  May ol' One-eye leave many presents under your tree!

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: I watch The Dresden Files TV series about twice a year,
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2022, 04:07:16 AM »
Jim had been in discussions with other networks a few years ago, once he got the rights back. Nothing came of it, but don't give up hope.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2023, 10:00:48 PM »
Happy Holidays!
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline robl

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2023, 02:10:28 AM »
harry dresden stories are too long to be told in a 30 minute format.  the short stories are the only thing that can be told in a tv format but they are not as rich as the books and they also capitalize on the character developement in the books that took a lot of time to build up.