Author Topic: Will we see more of the Grey Council in “Twelve Months”  (Read 3278 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Will we see more of the Grey Council in “Twelve Months”
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2022, 11:36:41 AM »
I believe Nemesis can override a Lady IF the Mantle wearer cooperates. Maeve was a lousy, rebellious Winter Lady well before Nemesis. The Redcap testified to that.

Yes, she was, I wonder if in the beginning Maeve welcomed Nemesis thinking she could use it to advantage, but in the end it was using her.  Unlike Lea, who had a desire for power and thought the Knife would help her gain it.  However before it was too late she realized the Knife was using her, confessed to Mab and went for the cure.

Nemesis wouldn’t find such a reception in Molly, especially as Molly is exceptionally talented in this area and proved herself against Corpsetaker. Indeed that battle may have been her successful audition piece for a Ladies Mantle. Lily could still be tricked into submission by Nemesis, and that may have been Mab’s play, Molly to replace Lily. Sarissa wouldn’t, to smart and too tough, Mab still won.
The problem for Lily was she was never the brightest penny in the purse.  She was way too trusting and was easily dominated by a stronger personality.  Nemesis made it worse, but even without Nemesis I think Maeve would have caused her trouble.

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Will we see more of the Grey Council in “Twelve Months”
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2022, 08:42:19 AM »

As it stands the top four powers in Winter are all now Nemesis proof, and the top three in Summer are as well. I suspect Elder Gruff, Kringle and the Erlking are as well by a combination of power and will.

I expect there are two more on the side of Summer, at least. The courts are supposed to be at least somewhat balanced - I am assuming Mab's numerical superiority for the Gates is mostly foot soldiers. Each side has a Mother, a Queen, a Lady and a Knight. Lea is second only to Mab in Winter, I think Eldest Gruff is likely her counterpoint to Titania. If Titania was pissed enough to not accept Harry's boon, she was likely pissed enough to send her heaviest hitter to get him. Plus, he represented at the birthday party, that isn't just a button man.  But who corresponds to Kringle and the Erlking? Titania likely has two guys to fill those spots on her side too. Affiliated Wyldfae of considerable power. A mighty hunter - Orion? Nimrod? A Roman or Greek god who didn't want to leave, like Odin? Pan or Dionysius for the heck of it? and maybe some more with Mab, even.