Author Topic: Stats for Rawhead and other creatures?  (Read 1420 times)

Offline Baribal

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Stats for Rawhead and other creatures?
« on: December 07, 2022, 12:16:43 PM »
Hi, folks!

Since I am trying to expand the "Bestiary" for the Dresdenverse:

Has anyone ever statted out the Rawhead creature which appears in "Welcome To The Jungle" and "Cold Days" (the latter apparently much bigger)?

I would also be glad to get write-ups for other canon-creatures which haven' t been statted in the three "old" sourcebooks (Your Story, Our World, Paranet Papers).

Thanks in advance!

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Stats for Rawhead and other creatures?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2022, 08:47:54 AM »
Not that I know of.

I'd be willing to take a crack, but I honestly don't remember much about Rawhead. What's it do?

The wiki has a bit to say about their lifecycle, and makes clear that they get big. But I'd want more to go on before writing.

Offline Baribal

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2022, 12:26:50 AM »
Well, I have the following info:

https://dresdenfiles.fandom.com/wiki/Rawhead

Rawheads:
These creatures are formed from the discarded body parts of slaughtered livestock, and add to their mass and structure with every creature (alive or dead) that they eat. Though they start off small, some of the larger Rawheads can be powerful brawlers and resilient foes. In addition to their toughness, they can eat almost anything, heal quickly from adding more material to their forms, and can even absorb enemies into their body.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2022, 10:38:50 AM »
Some Strength, some Toughness, some Recovery. Hulking Size for the big ones. Maybe a grappling stunt or two to represent absorbing people. Perhaps a Feeding Dependency on the Recovery, or something along those lines.

Still, this doesn't feel like much to go on. Beyond the obvious, I'm not sure what to do with the skills and the Aspects.

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2022, 02:04:36 PM »
They seem to be Winter Court Fey.  One was used as a thug, along with a Redcap in Cold Days.  They seem to be created/attracted to places of slaughter where there is a ready supply of 'meat' like a slaughterhouse.

I also found this on wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Bones

https://lorethrill.com/rawhead-bloody-bones-stealing-kids/
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 02:10:43 PM by Taran »

Offline Baribal

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2022, 02:13:09 PM »
Thanks, all you guys. And I am such a stupid noob... There is also an entry in "Our World". Under faeries, I believe.