Author Topic: Can Demonreach do this?  (Read 1942 times)

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Can Demonreach do this?
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2022, 05:13:59 AM »
Could Fidelacchius kill the demon side but save the human side?

But to take this a step further, how would Thomas react if this was possible?

I think it would boil down to one thing - did they get Nemesis out of Justine?

If they couldn't.... he stays a Whamp

If they could - to be with her, he gets separated. She would be the reason. 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Can Demonreach do this?
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2022, 05:25:42 AM »
I expect it is the demon that actually feeds, not the "human" side. So the demon has to be active

Also, Martin and Susan were born human. Whamps are born Whamps.  Nothing to go back to.
The feeding would have to happen before the demon was set to sleep.
And because whamps are born with their demon, it has to remain for them to survive. The hunger demon is a separate entity (soulgaze with Thomas in Blood Rites), more like a symbiot for the human part of the whamp and not like the ramps who become fully vampire. But I hope it can be inactivated like it basically did in Inari or any other Whampire who felt true love at their first time.

I believe it is like this: remove the demon and the whampire dies. Inactivate it and the whamp survives. They become human again. No more feeding needed.

Thomas would probably need a final feeding to heal completely. But after that the demon might just continue. Lara said something like once it starts to feed off it's host there is no going back, didn't she? I am not sure. She did in my head, lol. I will look it up later.

This is what made me think of inactivating the demon instead of removing it.

Edit:

Here it is: Peace Talks, chapter 27. Harry asking Lara, if feeding on Justine could help Thomas.   

“No,” Lara said, her eyes intent on his face. “By the time a Hunger turns on one of us, it’s mad, uncontrollable, insatiable. Even if we could redirect the Hunger, it would kill her and the child, and he’d die anyway.”

I understand this as once the Hunger feeds from it's host, this process can not be stopped.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 03:24:50 PM by Regenbogen »