Author Topic: Justin DuMorne  (Read 5663 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Justin DuMorne
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2022, 07:35:40 PM »
"The Council knew that you were the son of Margaret LeFay. They knew that she was one of the wizards who had turned the Council's own laws against it. She was guilty of violating the First Law, among others, and she had… unsavory associations with various entities of dubious reputation. The Wardens were under orders to arrest her on sight. She'd have been tried and executed in moments when she was brought before the Council."

Um, she broke the First Law, that's a capital offense..  There was a warrant out for her, she would have been tried and execute in moments when she was brought before the Council. Now I guess you can split hairs about meaning, but I think the quote you gave from Blood Rites is pretty straight forward, there was an execution order out for her... If the Wardens caught up with her, no action would have been taken against them if they had killed her in the process, and if she was brought to trial it was a mere formality, she was going to be executed.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2022, 04:26:07 AM »
Um, she broke the First Law, that's a capital offense..  There was a warrant out for her, she would have been tried and execute in moments when she was brought before the Council. Now I guess you can split hairs about meaning, but I think the quote you gave from Blood Rites is pretty straight forward, there was an execution order out for her... If the Wardens caught up with her, no action would have been taken against them if they had killed her in the process, and if she was brought to trial it was a mere formality, she was going to be executed.

That was what Eb said.
I note that Captain Luccio didn't mention it (but maybe she had reason to skip over that part of things).

I consider the issue still open for question...

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2022, 11:06:48 AM »
That was what Eb said.
I note that Captain Luccio didn't mention it (but maybe she had reason to skip over that part of things).

She was also under Peabody influence at the time, she was ordered to get "close" to Harry.  Telling your future boyfriend that you were ordered to kill his mother might have put a damper on things.  So it is reasonable that she would have left that part out of her story.

Offline SerScot

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2022, 08:22:46 PM »
Does everyone really believe that Justin was killed by Harry?

I can’t believe that he would allow a 16 year old wizard in training to best him.

Thoughts ?

I don’t think “Justin” was “Justin”.  I suspect “Justin” was really Kemmler.
"Maybe there will be a laundry emergency at the Carpenter house, and Harry shows up with detergent saying, 'I am Harry of the White Council. And I come back to you now at the turn of the TideTM.'" -  Vairelome 9/25/2011

Mab =/= Molly

Malcom =/= KotC