Author Topic: Fugitive: Mouse and Cerberus - Instinct An Animal Rescuers Anthology  (Read 1599 times)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Some slight detail now available on the Jim Butcher website and it can be pre-ordered on Kindle from Amazon at a very reasonable price to be dropped on the 7th March 2023, making it likely the next part of the Dresdenverse and the only part to drop until Next Book

This is the short story where the Nimean Lion escapes Hades realm and Cerberus enlists Mouse’s help to track him down.

Jim is undertaking an event later this week with his son,  for Dead Man’s Hand (in my opinion a better book than Storm Front, I so am glad Jim cloned himself to prevent another Wheel of Time) so perhaps more info will be forthcoming

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Fugitive: Mouse and Cerberus - Instinct An Animal Rescuers Anthology
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022, 03:02:13 PM »
The thing I wonder is does each head have a personality? I mean each one has a brain right? What happens if one head goes for a treat another goes for a thrown stick and the third wants to perform a trick?

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2022, 05:09:13 PM »
Yes, the price is OK. There are at least two stories, which I'm interested in. I've preordered it.

I haven't read Dead Man's Hand yet, I am on the 2nd or 3rd page or so. Was a bit busy these last days, but I hope to be able to read it soon.

The thing I wonder is does each head have a personality? I mean each one has a brain right? What happens if one head goes for a treat another goes for a thrown stick and the third wants to perform a trick?
I imagine this could be a problem for him, but fun from the POV of a viewer, lol.
And how to the heads communicate? Does each head automatically know, what the others think, or are they constantly surprised by conflicting wishes?
Or is it not biological, but rather mythological, meaning it is a godlike dog and each head is another aspect of his personality. And depending on the situation the most useful aspect gets to be in command.

Play play play play play
Food food food food food
... Cat!...

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2022, 01:00:13 AM »

I dunno. Women will tell you men have two heads, but only enough blood to run one at a time.... 

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2022, 01:28:19 PM »
It could be fun to have it Cereberus point of view, you could do it with different fonts effectively including an internal narrative between the three heads.

Frankly if Jim hasn’t done it this way he will be kicking himself.

And there must be a scene where Cerberus licks Harry’s face, effectively Mouse threefold.