Author Topic: Dragon con videos?  (Read 3433 times)

Offline RobReece

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Dragon con videos?
« on: September 07, 2022, 04:18:01 AM »
Has anyone seen any  videos posted from Jim's panels?

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon con videos?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2022, 07:23:31 AM »
So far only the cosplay videos are up, panels usually take a bit longer due to editing and clearance by the convention.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2022, 09:30:11 PM »
I mean do we really need the videos? We already know what he's going to be asked:

How did you come up with the Dresden Files?

Why Chicago?

What about the Jade Court?

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2022, 10:09:31 PM »
I mean do we really need the videos?

Plenty of good info comes out of those panels.
Sure, there's often some overlap/repeat.  But usually, there's at least some new material.

Offline Mortax

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2022, 11:39:16 PM »
One of the ones I hadn't heard before was "when did marcone pick up the coin?"

(click to show/hide)
Laa shay'a waqui'n moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine

If you go to Chichen Itza....You will Die. -Rashid the Vorlon

"The Arctis Tor Rehab Centre
We have ways of making you walk." - shades of grey

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2022, 07:45:41 PM »
New WOJ from Dragoncon.

Worst decision Harry made - rescuing a little girl.

The Blackstaff allows its wielder to perform black magic without it affecting them…for a time.

Murphy will return.

Harry will eventually get a hat, it is currently in the Smithsonian.

Molly will help Harry with mind magic get over his trauma….eventually.

The hat I think may be an original prop Darth Vaders Helmet, it is definitely in the Smithsonian. It would make sense for a nerd like Harry to demand in payment from the Government something like this, the ultimate Star Wars collectible rather than something to keep his head warm/prevent daily concussion. I am not sure he would even wear it, which of course would be in keeping with the running joke. He treasured his original Star Wars poster.

Besides it is the one thing which might actually be cooler than a working Lightsabre, one upping Butters. If faith can make a lightsaber real, then Darth Vaders Helmet is at least at fake Shroud level.

He would but it on display in the Castle next to Excalibur.

Of course Jim appears to have forgotten Harry already has a hat, it is the Crown of Thorns. Maybe he swaps it for Vaders helmet?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 11:00:57 PM by Conspiracy Theorist »

Offline LaraBeck

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2022, 03:03:00 AM »
New WOJ from Dragoncon.

The Blackstaff allows its wielder to perform black magic without it affecting them…for a time.

Murphy will return.

Harry will eventually get a hat, it is currently in the Smithsonian.

Molly will help Harry with mind magic get over his trauma….eventually.

The hat I think may be an original prop Darth Vaders Helmet, it is definitely in the Smithsonian. It would make sense for a nerd like Harry to demand in payment from the Government something like this, the ultimate Star Wars collectible rather than something to keep his head warm/prevent daily concussion. I am not sure he would even wear it, which of course would be in keeping with the running joke. He treasured his original Star Wars poster.

Besides it is the one thing which might actually be cooler than a working Lightsabre, one upping Butters. If faith can make a lightsaber real, then Darth Vaders Helmet is at least at fake Shroud level.

He would but it on display in the Castle next to Excalibur.

Of course Jim appears to have forgotten Harry already has a hat, it is the Crown of Thorns. Maybe he swaps it for Vaders helmet?

Thank you for this info, a question and a couple of comments:

1. Murphy will return. Did Jim say this is these words? Over on reddit, someone attending the con mentioned that Jim said her story isn't over, but I imagine that doesn't have to mean, necessarily, that she'll be back in this storyline. Harry could just hear about her through someone else or something like that. Some speculate that it means she'll just be back for the Mirror Mirror story, which is not really "our" Murphy. So, I'm curious about the most accurate WOJ on this, lol (I'm too invested in Murphy probably, lol).

2. The hat. I've heard some people speculate it is Indi's hat (as in Indiana Jones, which apparently is at the Smithsonian too)

3. Molly helping Harry get over his trauma with mind magic. I just have to say that that gives me the chills.

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2022, 07:58:04 AM »

1. Murphy will return. Did Jim say this is these words? Over on reddit, someone attending the con mentioned that Jim said her story isn't over, but I imagine that doesn't have to mean, necessarily, that she'll be back in this storyline. Harry could just hear about her through someone else or something like that. Some speculate that it means she'll just be back for the Mirror Mirror story, which is not really "our" Murphy. So, I'm curious about the most accurate WOJ on this, lol (I'm too invested in Murphy probably, lol).

Or Harry time travels back to before her death. Covers it up with mind magic - or Winter Lady Molly does it. Law only applies to full humans, right?  Plus, no one will SEE Murphy, right?

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2022, 09:34:32 AM »
Jim being Jim might do a Murphy or Hendricks POV in Valhalla, he gave the return info freely, so I suspect a catch.

The hat, again a catch this is information freely given by Jim, not exactly a hat but would fit in totally with Harry favourite fandom, which has been shot through the files which is not Indiana Jones. If so he should also hold out for the original Yoda puppet in the Smithsonian. Jim expects us to go through the 16,000 images of hats on the Smithsonian Website. Not the images of helmets.

The Mind Magic again likely a catch, for all we know Mab orders Molly to help Harry get over his cold feet in his marriage to Lara. That would be painful.

Jim tells us things like this to troll us, it’s his greatest joy.

Offline Mortax

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2022, 11:45:08 PM »
I kinda assumed it was churchill's bowler hat when he said it. 😆
Laa shay'a waqui'n moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine

If you go to Chichen Itza....You will Die. -Rashid the Vorlon

"The Arctis Tor Rehab Centre
We have ways of making you walk." - shades of grey

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2022, 12:16:50 AM »

Ooof.

Question, then -- which little girl?

Faith, from "Restoration of Faith"?
Lydia, from Grave Peril?
Molly, from Arctis Tor & from her own Black Magic path? 

His own daughter???  (I don't think Jim wants to write that dark (and I think recent WoJ's suggest he's still unclear on Little Maggie's future)... but maybe I'm wrong...)

« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 12:19:19 AM by g33k »

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2022, 06:50:31 AM »
Maybe Molly - mind magic will not likely curse her soul, but surviving it to become Winter Lady, she might do a Big Bad... or Harry thinks she has

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2022, 12:28:25 PM »
Ooof.

Question, then -- which little girl?

Faith, from "Restoration of Faith"?
Lydia, from Grave Peril?
Molly, from Arctis Tor & from her own Black Magic path? 

His own daughter???  (I don't think Jim wants to write that dark (and I think recent WoJ's suggest he's still unclear on Little Maggie's future)... but maybe I'm wrong...)

You missed Ivy, Bradley’s daughter, Lara’s sister etc - a typical Jim answer

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2022, 02:53:26 PM »
You missed Ivy, Bradley’s daughter, Lara’s sister etc - a typical Jim answer

Oh, yeah... Ivy.   :-[   Seriously worried that Ivy actually picked up a coin, and the "rescue" was a scam run on Harry & the Scoobies to "prove" that she hadn't.

But I wasn't trying to list all of "little girls" that Harry had rescued, just a sample (but explicitly including Maggie).

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2022, 09:43:09 PM »
Faith Astor, somewhere there is a WOJ saying she will show up at the end.