Author Topic: The castle and the island, theory  (Read 2673 times)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: The castle and the island, theory
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2022, 12:16:29 PM »
I never let reality get in the way of a good story.  I'm also pretty sure most castles wouldn't fit on the average lot in Chicago no matter what their state of repair. But I don't insist and won't defend it.

The Castle is a TARDIS, it’s exactly as big on the outside and inside as Jim requires at any one time.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2022, 04:51:35 PM »
The Castle is a TARDIS, it’s exactly as big on the outside and inside as Jim requires at any one time.

Also note:  the workings on Demonreach are constructed in a single working spanning 5 different times (forming a time-dimension Pentacle).  So there is time-magic there.

And the Castle has similar runework.

And now it's decorated in blue.

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2022, 05:28:54 AM »
Yeah.  It's just a matter of... did Marcone buy the block (or a hefty chunk of it)?

Or did he only buy the one lot (and the Castle is Tardis-like (bigger inside than out  ::) )... i.e. Jim & the beta-readers messed up)?

He bought the Wrigley Field parking lots from earlier..... ;)

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2022, 01:58:17 AM »
Drum Castle in Scotland is probably about the right size given the constraints of the book. Not saying it's what Jim imagined necessarily but I think it works. Borthwick Castle (also in Scotland) would also work.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2022, 07:44:31 AM »
Yes not all castles are huge and Scottish / Borders Castles post 1000 AD fit the picture. That is post Merlin but pre -Eb which sounds right from Eb’s comments.