Author Topic: If you were a Minor Talent?  (Read 7332 times)

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: If you were a Minor Talent?
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2022, 11:36:27 PM »
Yeah, the angels have a specific role. The angels keep Butters from killing someone, like the other Knight's or random passerby's with the most overpowered handheld weapon ever conceived ;). I still haven't gotten over the setup at the end of Skin Game where Butcher does this big buildup about sending human gunners into Michael's home to bypass the angelic protection and Butters cuts up Nic's sword and all the machine gunners just stand there and suddenly go stupid and Nic bails like Butters in Dead Beat. But if you like him, you like him.  It's your book when you read it.

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2022, 06:02:01 AM »
You could say it is in the Holy Swords since there supposedly an angel in the hilt of each of them.

I think any angel likely resides in the Nail - supposedly there is a Nail from the Cross in each hilt. that's the real relic part

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2022, 06:10:11 AM »

The thing that I think many don't realize is what the Swords actually do.

People talk about the "superweapons" (from Hades' vault) and say they're "stronger" than the Swords.  That's not (at all) the case.

If one of the Angels inside one of the Swords had stepped forth to do battle with Ethniu & the Eye, they could have put Ethniu over their knee, spanked her like a child, and given her another 3-4 millenia timeout.  Or, y'know, just killed her out of hand.

But that's not their job.

I don't think we know enough about the Swords to say that, There are ranks even among angels, I don't think the one guarding the elevator in Colin Murphy's office building is Uriel-class. Yes, Uriel could have walked across Lake Shore Drive and said "Invasion is off. Go back home, or I will make you. " Michael? Sure, he could too, or Gabriel. If they all had that kind of power - why would there be a dozen at the Carpenters' ? One would be plenty.

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2022, 06:43:31 AM »
It's the difference between having "protection" like the White Council supposedly gives it's members against the rest of the Supernatural and having a 24/7 security team with an absolute mandate.

Now as to why they have so many, I think that no single angel is giving the Carpenter house their full attention but rather each is rotating in and out a part of their consciousness while multi-tasking other jobs. They'd probably arrange it this way on the off chance one of them besides Uriel would actually get to do something beyond just watching humanity stumble around in the dark.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2022, 07:11:50 AM »
I bet they have so many because angels are bored af because they aren't allowed to do anything and watching over a dude they're never allowed to help is still better than that.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2022, 10:11:08 AM »
I think any angel likely resides in the Nail - supposedly there is a Nail from the Cross in each hilt. that's the real relic part

And the Nail happens to be in the hilt...   ::)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2022, 11:26:27 AM »
I don't think we know enough about the Swords to say that, There are ranks even among angels, I don't think the one guarding the elevator in Colin Murphy's office building is Uriel-class. Yes, Uriel could have walked across Lake Shore Drive and said "Invasion is off. Go back home, or I will make you. " Michael? Sure, he could too, or Gabriel. If they all had that kind of power - why would there be a dozen at the Carpenters' ? One would be plenty.

Because at some point Uriel is aware of a threat to the Carpenters which WILL require the intervention of dozens of Angels which means:-

(1) a direct attack by Lucifer; or
(2) all the Fallen in the Denarius get simultaneously released from their coins.

Sounds like the BAT to me.

The attack in Skin Game was mortal Humans in Nickys employ, the attack by Ethnui ditto. The Angels could do little in either case, so they are there for an anticipated attack where they will be useful.

That means Michael probably has more significance to come rather than as a mentor to Harry and the Knights, and Jim has been lying to us (yet again).

Michael Carpenter becomes the White God? Or at least his living Avatar. Was Uriel lending his grace to Michael foreshadowing of this? Michael didn’t explode or go mad in containing such power.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2022, 11:27:40 AM »
  And the Nail happens to be in the hilt...   ::)

And the Angel is constantly dancing on the nails head….

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2022, 11:24:49 PM »
Because at some point Uriel is aware of a threat to the Carpenters which WILL require the intervention of dozens of Angels which means ...

Hmmm.
As WAGs go, this seems remarkably likely.
Or -- free will being an imponderable, and rival Angelic-levels being hard to predict/foresee -- Uriel just sees possibilities he's taken preemptive steps to counteract/prevent.

Or -- just maybe -- Jim was sloppy.  Could have been a "write this cool scene" without considering the ramifications.

... Sounds like the BAT to me ...
It rather does, yes.
When you put it like that.

... That means Michael probably has more significance to come rather than as a mentor to Harry and the Knights, and Jim has been lying to us (yet again)...

Well, Michael has been enjoying retirement with his wife & family.  IIRC, Jim never actually promised that would go on into Michael's old age, uninterupted by any supernatural entanglements.

Harry's "major actions" have been once or twice a year, AFAICT.  But I think Michael used to "answer the call" many times per year...