Author Topic: If you were a Minor Talent?  (Read 7339 times)

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
If you were a Minor Talent?
« on: July 24, 2022, 05:29:49 AM »
If you were a Minor Talent in Dresden Files what would your Talent be?

Unfortunately I think mine would be Third Sight.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: If you were a Minor Talent?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2022, 09:25:08 AM »
If you were a Minor Talent in Dresden Files what would your Talent be?

Unfortunately I think mine would be Third Sight.

I don't think that would be considered a minor talent.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2022, 05:40:37 AM »
Yeah iirc being able to use your third eye is one of the markers that you're a Wizard-level Talent

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2022, 06:35:27 AM »
I don't actually see any Dresdenverse talents as obviously "this would be ..." for any real-world folk.

DV is just too high-magic a setting, honestly.

Unless you meant as a wish-fulfillment query -- "if you could pick, which 'minor talent' would you like"?

For my choice, it'd probably be something for wealth-building... whatever has minimal other impacts.  Because being super-wealthy is its own super-power; I could do whatever I wanted with that money.

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2022, 07:24:26 AM »
For my choice, it'd probably be something for wealth-building... whatever has minimal other impacts.  Because being super-wealthy is its own super-power; I could do whatever I wanted with that money.
Hmm..kinda reminds me of a ppt slideshow that was making the rounds on email lists around 2009-2010 :D
But you are correct. There's very limited specialized minor talents that we see. Mostly we see people who can do anything a wizard can do, but with less power.
Anyway, the Alphas shifted into wolves, classifying a single shape-shifting trick as a minor talent. Therefore, I'd like to have the ability to shift into a hawk. Bye bye traffic, hello dropping bombs on every bastard who ever annoyed me.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2022, 01:06:34 PM »
Hmm..kinda reminds me of a ppt slideshow that was making the rounds on email lists around 2009-2010 :D
But you are correct. There's very limited specialized minor talents that we see. Mostly we see people who can do anything a wizard can do, but with less power.
Anyway, the Alphas shifted into wolves, classifying a single shape-shifting trick as a minor talent. Therefore, I'd like to have the ability to shift into a hawk. Bye bye traffic, hello dropping bombs on every bastard who ever annoyed me.

On that note I am reminded of the animated cartoon "The Sword and the Stone,"  Merlin was having a wizard's duel with Mab, she was winning until Merlin morphed into a germ and she caught him and got sick.. ::)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2022, 03:48:32 PM »
And that is why Mab hates Walt Disney.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2022, 05:48:50 PM »
And that is why Mab hates Walt Disney.

No doubt! ;)

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2022, 01:21:30 AM »
No doubt! ;)

Walt Disney On Ice was not just the name of a skating show, after that, not with all the rumours that Walt was cryogenicslly frozen. I wonder if he is in Mab’s Ice Garden in Arctis Tor? And Disney were forced to name the show that by Mab in revenge?

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2022, 03:46:50 AM »
Walt Disney On Ice was not just the name of a skating show, after that, not with all the rumours that Walt was cryogenicslly frozen. I wonder if he is in Mab’s Ice Garden in Arctis Tor? And Disney were forced to name the show that by Mab in revenge?

I've actually seen Disney On Ice, twice, he wasn't there..

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2022, 05:14:53 AM »
Tbh I thought that Mab would be a fan of Walt, seeing as his company has convinced the last few generations that Faeries are kind, helpful, and trustworthy creatures.

It must have made life sooooo much easier for her.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2022, 08:13:49 AM »
The Sword in The Stone came out in 1963, Disney died in 1966, in Winter. Disney bought the rights in 1939, but production only began in 1960.

Mab and Disney must have had a falling out between 1939 and 1960, I wonder over what? The Cold War perhaps? Kemmler? That Disney Land comes out at her sisters seat in the Never Never? Disney Land opened in 1955. Hmm. If Disney’s health was already failing, a parting shot at Mab is quite clearly the safest shot to take, especially to curry favour with Titania, for the ongoing prosperity of Disney Corp.

Mira, did you check under the ice?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 08:24:25 AM by Conspiracy Theorist »

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2022, 09:31:35 AM »

Mab was never a fan of Tinker Bell..... ::)

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2022, 12:12:07 PM »

Mab was never a fan of Tinker Bell..... ::)

I think you mean Lacuna, not Mab.

Okay Disney played both sides, dealing with Summer and Winter in establishing the Magic Kingdom, calling in the political favours from his previous films like Snow White, but the Magic Kingdom ended coming out in Summer, offending Mab, who retaliated. The Sword In The Stone was Disney’s Revenge.

The fact that Sarissa loved the Magic Kingdom would certainly indicate that the Summer Lady Mantle chose correctly over Molly and Justine.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2022, 12:43:56 PM »
I think you mean Lacuna, not Mab.

Okay Disney played both sides, dealing with Summer and Winter in establishing the Magic Kingdom, calling in the political favours from his previous films like Snow White, but the Magic Kingdom ended coming out in Summer, offending Mab, who retaliated. The Sword In The Stone was Disney’s Revenge.

The fact that Sarissa loved the Magic Kingdom would certainly indicate that the Summer Lady Mantle chose correctly over Molly and Justine.

Oh damn, that would've been a disaster huh. From one Nemfected host to the next.