Author Topic: Lara Raith marriage consummation  (Read 15122 times)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Lara Raith marriage consummation
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2022, 07:15:11 PM »
In terms of progeny, the Male dominated Houses will have been increasing their size much faster than Raith.

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2022, 04:43:48 AM »
I'm not convinced Whamps subscribe to human notions of sexism, that having female leadership would be a disadvantage. The Malvora's were led by a woman until the coup attempt, and she was considered just as much of a threat to overthrow House Raith if Lord Raith's weakness became public as the Skavis kird was.  And the coup attempt killed not just the pair of them, but most of the second tier around them.

Lara is probably in more danger from other Raiths when the charade of her father being functional eventually fails than Raith overall is from any of the other houses. She's probably planning as much for that contingency as for external events in seeking the arranged marriage, whether it produces a child or not.

I think there is some sexism, but it is not absolute. look at the world a few decades ago.  Women leading were unusual, but not unique - Golda Meir. Margaret Thatcher. Indira Gandhi. Papa Raith had his sons killed as potential threats. The daughters lived. He thought them less dangerous...

I would not be surprised that when the facade falls the inner circle amongst the Raiths all know. Thomas does. I would expect Lara is slowly leaking it to her sisters, if she has not already done so. The cousins, not so much. Some may know, some will not know until the facade falls.  She will consolidate her power - and the fact she enthralled the king and had everyone fooled for a time makes her appear more formidable. Plus, she now has an alliance with Winter.... seen any Whamps you put up against Lea? Maybe outintrigue Lea (and maybe not!) but straight up, she stomps

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2022, 08:05:44 AM »
The being out bred by the other Houses, may be why she is allying with Winter, to benefit House Raith and not just the White Court.

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2022, 04:07:59 AM »
If they are being outbred by other houses, could any of it be because  a female skewing ratio in House Raith, by Daddy killing off his sons?

Are most WC-human hybrids Male vamp/human female or female vamp/male human? Seems to me the vamps would likely prefer to use human women to carry to term instead of their own. And if a female vamp gets pregnant, she is not getting pregnant again for 9 months, a male vamp can try to impregnate again later that night...

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2022, 10:05:46 AM »
Yes, In the long term Raith was doing his House a disservice, a male whamp can sire multiple pregnancies over the period of a single female Whamp pregnancy, even presuming they have similar levels of fertility, but whilst a single mature egg may be generated over a 28 day cycle, the Male Whamp would generate millions of sperm over the same period.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2022, 12:35:10 PM »
Yes, In the long term Raith was doing his House a disservice, a male whamp can sire multiple pregnancies over the period of a single female Whamp pregnancy, even presuming they have similar levels of fertility, but whilst a single mature egg may be generated over a 28 day cycle, the Male Whamp would generate millions of sperm over the same period.

I think the problem is one of sperm count, remember Thomas originally thought that he was sterile.  With the exception of Lord Raith's kids there are very few WCV children running around. Which could be why Lord Raith seemed to have chosen human females for mating.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2022, 10:43:12 PM »
   I think the problem is one of sperm count, remember Thomas originally thought that he was sterile.  With the exception of Lord Raith's kids there are very few WCV children running around. Which could be why Lord Raith seemed to have chosen human females for mating.

Sperm-count; and/or maybe motility.

The (potential) whamp sire may be draining life-energy from his own sperm.  Certainly he's far into his own sexual pleasure (and hence his feeding cycle) every time he tries to get his partner pregnant.

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2022, 02:11:50 AM »

could be BOTH males and females are low fertility. Too, consider how long Whamps live. Tortoises breed slowly. Rabbits, which live a year in the wild, breed like... well, rabbits....

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2022, 09:41:45 AM »
could be BOTH males and females are low fertility. Too, consider how long Whamps live. Tortoises breed slowly. Rabbits, which live a year in the wild, breed like... well, rabbits....

That makes sense..

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2022, 02:51:40 AM »
I agree about both male and female whampires having low fertility is the most probable explanation.
Still, I think the marriage is not to be consummated, and will be nullified because of that. But why it won't be consummated? Because Harry is still protected by true love. Lara and Harry do not want to be married, so they will use it as an excuse for breaking the marriage.
(As we are a little touchy about writing, sorry if I made any mistake. As many of you know, English is not my first language).
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2022, 07:06:31 AM »
I agree about both male and female whampires having low fertility is the most probable explanation.
Still, I think the marriage is not to be consummated, and will be nullified because of that. But why it won't be consummated? Because Harry is still protected by true love. Lara and Harry do not want to be married, so they will use it as an excuse for breaking the marriage.
(As we are a little touchy about writing, sorry if I made any mistake. As many of you know, English is not my first language).

I may be wrong - but I thought that protection only applied when the two lovers are both alive... Murphy is dead. Susan protected Harry as she was just estranged.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2022, 07:12:44 AM »
I do not remember that being said in text. Do you remember if after Karin's death Harry touched Lara?
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2022, 07:19:21 AM »
I do not remember that being said in text. Do you remember if after Karin's death Harry touched Lara?

Not that I recall. Maybe it was something said here, or a WOJ? You COULD justify it in a way - recall that Bob says Harry had little pieces of his soul gone, that he shared them with someone, a hug, or the like? Maybe that is what protects against Whamps, but when someone dies... it goes to Heaven with them. That is why people feel they lost a part of themselves, they have to grow their souls over the missing part. Susan hadn't died - Harry still had a little piece of her. Murphy is gone, so that left this plane to Valhalla. 

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2022, 07:40:39 AM »
It may be, but unless someone shows me something in text, I will keep my theory until !2 months. Mm, perhaps not even a text would convince me. Not after the trick Jim played us with the Christmas story.  :)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2022, 09:49:27 AM »
Not that I recall. Maybe it was something said here, or a WOJ? You COULD justify it in a way - recall that Bob says Harry had little pieces of his soul gone, that he shared them with someone, a hug, or the like? Maybe that is what protects against Whamps, but when someone dies... it goes to Heaven with them. That is why people feel they lost a part of themselves, they have to grow their souls over the missing part. Susan hadn't died - Harry still had a little piece of her. Murphy is gone, so that left this plane to Valhalla.

As far as Bob goes, Harry said after he confronted Mother Winter in Cold Days and had his eureka moment about Soul Fire, that on this subject Bob didn't know everything.  Now whether he was limiting that to Soul Fire or the Soul?  And you are right, Harry, at least on page has not touched Lara since Murphy died.  Actually Lara would remember the burn she got from Harry back in White Night because Harry hadn't been with anyone since Susan left him and his true love lingered.