Author Topic: New Weird  (Read 29546 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: New Weird
« Reply #315 on: April 08, 2024, 11:14:50 AM »
Hello Weird!
Yes, they were fun times.
oh, guests can be fun, but so tiring. It is a good feeling to be alone with just your family again.
How is your mom doing?

I do not think I ever had true Gulash but I do understand the feeling of having good food after too much garbage food.

Poor sofa. We had a killer sofa here in Weird, it ate whatever you put in them and once or twice we had to save people from it. It must be around somewhere.
In all seriousness, I think that death by cat is a good and worthy death for an old sofa. But yes, you better not buy a new one until the cats are used to play outside. And I would not want 10 kittens either, no matter how cute they are.

We watched Madame Web. Everyone on internet was like "this is the worst picture ever". To be honest, I did not think it was that bad. Oh granted, it was bad. Lots of exposition and in general it seems like the pilot of a TV show. The main problem is I could not like any of the many characters.

I am still having troubles with my health, I think it was an stomach flu and I am not completely well. Anyways, I have a doctor appointment next Friday. Also, last Friday I had dentist and a root was removed. It was not too bad, but I hate to have an empty space. Also, I have a tooth that moves a little, so she gave me a medicine that helps with that.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 10, 2024, 11:10:02 AM »
My mom is still hurting. The hip doesn't get better. Soon, she'll have an appointment with the orthopaedist. Let's see what he says.

OMG a killer sofa. I somehow get the feeling that mine is mutating. Once it dies, it will become a zombie sofa. It belonged to a dead man, btw. The man who owned the house before us. He bought the sofa and died 3 months later. It is dark red.
So far we have it under control. Necromantic power runs strong in our family. But soon, it will break free and roam these boards to devour whatever and whoever is in it's way. MWAHAHAHAAAAA! ****echos of manic laughter slowly fading into the void****

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 10, 2024, 12:42:15 PM »
I am sorry about your mom, and I hope doctors can help.

Oh, that is awesome about the sofa.
Our poor sofa had been thrown as garbage, left outdoors when it was so used to the comfort of a cozy house. Feeling unloved was the true reason behind his wild behaviour. Shades gave it a home here, and at least it tolerated most of us. (yes, we had some fun with this backstory and it became a running gag)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 21, 2024, 08:16:11 PM »
Hi, weird!
How are you? How is life?

Our sofa is still kind of alive, but it won't be much longer now. Nothing new, nothing worthy of writing here happened. I just wanted to say hi.

Hi.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 22, 2024, 09:38:44 AM »
Double post: now there's news!
It snows.
But it is April, so no big deal. And it's not much. But it is cold. April is famous for it's crazy weather. I hope the plants survive, but probably some will not.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 22, 2024, 12:42:49 PM »
Hello! I like that you posted, even if it is to say hello.
And I bet things are beautiful with the snow now. I heard something about the beginning of Spring being quite cold in Europe.
We are having rain and wind. More wind than rain, so it is not a pleasant day. But it is not cold.
I am sad because my football team lost yesterday against its classical rival. The worst thing is that we did not play well. Sigh, well, on Wednesday we have another match, in another phase of another Cup. Sports life continues.

In a serious note, tomorrow we have a manifestation in defense of public education. I hope it is massive, we willl see. Our president is reducing the resources for education and other things. I will not say more because real lfe politics are banned here, but it is an important thing and I wanted to mention it.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 25, 2024, 08:18:57 AM »
Hello everyone!
Just checking in on you! I hope everyone is doing alright.
Spring is here, and it's very hot. Looks like this year is going to be even hotter than the last. 43 celsuis today, 42 yesterday.
On a more positive note, the unseasonal heat made my mulberry trees ripen early, so I've been eating the berries like a pig for 2 weeks now, getting happily fat :D I can't resist these babies when they're fresh off the tree. There's something extremely satisfying about picking a fruit and eating it in the same motion.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 25, 2024, 11:58:48 AM »
Hi Fcrate!
I am so glad you are here. And I also because you are doing well and enjoying your mulberries.
Here is coldish with occasional rains. I will leave for work in a while and I had my warm jacket ready.

I wanted to tell you that the protest I mentioned in my previous post was a success, with lots of people in the streets. I won't say more, except that we had a good weather that day.
Missing you, Md