Author Topic: A Curious Speculation From Cold Days  (Read 3543 times)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: A Curious Speculation From Cold Front
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2022, 08:54:57 AM »
Not all - but Eb was apparently Blackstaff even before he became Senior Council - he becomes SC during the books, but Kincaid knows him as Blackstaff for a long time.  So some outside have to know. And I think the Staff does select

Those in the same field like Kincaid, or the Summer or Winter Knights, or Thomas predecessor as enforcer of the White Court would know as a professional courtesy. They have faced Eb in combat and would therefore know from firsthand experience. Margaret was being groomed by Eb to take on the Blackstaff, and despite being LeFay, ran away from it. Eb was previously Captain of the Wardens so likely took on the Blackstaff then. For some reason he didn’t consider his successor as Captain should have the Blackstaff, and that is interesting. Was Eb still Captain when the Wardens and Senior Council took on Kemmler? If not would he have been there? It was clear he wasn’t Captain when they took Harry in. When did he resign as Captain and why? I think it may have been when Margaret fled to avoid being sent out after her. This may be a reason why Eb refused Senior Council for so long, it avoided him coming into official contact with Margaret unless she clrearly broke the seven laws, which she appears to have skirted. Retaining the Blackstaff mean’t no one else could use it against Margaret.

And no, Mother Winter does not carry a .22 short, she prefers germ warfare. You really don’t want to break into her house and disturb her at night.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: A Curious Speculation From Cold Days
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2022, 11:05:07 AM »
I think the germs are mother summer. She is all about growth.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2022, 12:38:05 PM »

Winter Vomiting Virus, Flu Season in the Fall, winter waves of Covid.  I think you will find it’s Mother Winter. She must be enjoying herself at the moment with Monkeypox, Monkeys are a derogatory term for humans used by the Fae when referred to as Fairies.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2022, 02:11:10 PM »
It is because of this quote from Summer Knight:

"Depends on who has the edge when everything is settled," Bob said. "A war could start the next ice age, or set off an era of rampant growth." "That last one doesn't sound so bad." "No. Not if you're an Ebola virus. You'll have lots of friends."
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2022, 03:47:36 PM »
I agree Mother Winter seems to be more into cleavers and knives, though I imagine her and Mother Summer share in the plague department equally.  There are epidemics and plagues that thrive in the summer time and others that thrive in the winter.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2022, 10:57:18 PM »
I agree, it seems a thing that fits both of them.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline seanham

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2022, 03:13:27 PM »
I agree, it seems a thing that fits both of them.

It fits them both because they both are nearly the same being. Remember in CD Mother Summer says something to the effect of "What my counterpart knows so do I."

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2022, 11:15:22 PM »
They are the same beings.  There is something else that we haven't seen yet. The third Fate. I don't think that it is Mab. I suspect that it is tied to the Outer Gates.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2022, 11:27:04 PM »
They are the same beings.  There is something else that we haven't seen yet. The third Fate. I don't think that it is Mab. I suspect that it is tied to the Outer Gates.

I think the three Fates are Maiden/Woman/Crone as Lady/Queen/Mother.  Each Fate both Summer and Winter, rather than one being Summer, one being Winter, and one unrevealed.