Author Topic: The Law and novella  (Read 18240 times)

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: The Law and novella
« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2022, 08:53:17 PM »
Of course Harry killing the Queen of Summers child without any apparent retaliation is suspicious, does she know something Harry doesn’t?
You seemed to have missed the premise for Small Favor.

And where's the "Jim lies" bit?  Not that I disbelieve you... I just didn't see it.
It's what he's paid to do.  In the books he uses Bob.  Otherwise if his lips are moving.........

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2022, 09:30:24 PM »
Nope they failed.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 17, 2022, 03:51:52 PM »
And where's the "Jim lies" bit?  Not that I disbelieve you... I just didn't see it.

I don't have the link anymore, but in one of his appearances he mentioned there were a very small number of occasions where he had to lie in Q&A's to avoid spoilering things he had planned. I understood that as mostly applying to situations where declining the question would have been a big hint in and of itself.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2022, 05:57:04 PM »
Yes but is he lying about the times he lied?

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 17, 2022, 10:03:53 PM »
Yes but is he lying about the times he lied?

Naw, I don't think he can remember, the series has been a long one and he has done thousands of the these Q&As...  Details are going to elude him, so I don't think he lies exactly, then again..

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2022, 12:24:01 AM »
... Naw, I don't think he can remember, the series has been a long one and he has done thousands of the these Q&As...  Details are going to elude him, so I don't think he lies exactly, then again..

I believe that one of the key things Jim's "Beta Readers" do these days, is to track "Dresden'verse canon," spot inconsistencies, &c.  They obviously cannot catch his verbal slips and errors in live events...   :o  ::)

I wonder if they have a private channel for "Jim goofed ... again."    ;D

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2022, 10:02:51 AM »
I believe that one of the key things Jim's "Beta Readers" do these days, is to track "Dresden'verse canon," spot inconsistencies, &c.  They obviously cannot catch his verbal slips and errors in live events...   :o  ::)

I wonder if they have a private channel for "Jim goofed ... again."    ;D

Maybe the Betas can, and they do a good job when he writes a book. However they cannot be at every live appearance, screen all the questions before hand, and Jim has written millions of words over the years, he isn't going to remember every detail. 

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 20, 2022, 05:20:55 PM »
A look at some artwork and a synopsis for The Law at Subterranean Press press.  The price made my eyes water.

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 20, 2022, 07:28:56 PM »
The lettered edition is more than I make in a month. Lol
I'll wait for an ebook, thanks. :D
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 20, 2022, 07:30:24 PM »
A bit more info than we have previously had.

We knew it was Marcone, as the ultimate antagonist but the two Lawyers? Previously Harry relied upon Father Forthill who is also a qualified lawyer and veritable saint. Is he the lawyer who might be more than he seems? Or a new character? The one who is definitely more than he seems might be an entirely new character. We have seen Mab as a lawyer and White Court Lawyers, I am not entirely sure Harry would go for either. Demi-god? the cover makes me think of Justicia, The junior Roman Goddess of Justice, one of the four virtues is that the Lawyer who definitely more than they seem? Forthill might br Uriels man in the fight, If so Justicia might be Hades? The Greco Roman Etruscan gods are so entwined.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 20, 2022, 08:42:40 PM »
Mmm, this is definitely interesting. Of course, I will wait for an ebook. As much as I would like to have a book signed by Jim, this is too much (and it would be even more with the shipping).
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 20, 2022, 11:27:11 PM »
Didn’t Jim split Peace Talks and Battle Ground because he didn’t want fans to pay $50 for a single book?

I have the Audio book on order as I have the credit.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 20, 2022, 11:42:39 PM »
These are signed limited editions, with colorful art. Of course they are expensive.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 11:44:19 PM by Dina »
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 21, 2022, 12:04:52 AM »
I was enjoying the irony, Jim is quite happy for a limited number of fans to pay more than $50.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 21, 2022, 10:38:02 AM »
Didn’t Jim split Peace Talks and Battle Ground because he didn’t want fans to pay $50 for a single book?

I have the Audio book on order as I have the credit.

Yeah, so they'd pay close to thirty each for two books, he makes a few more bucks that way..