Author Topic: Harry still hosts Lasciel's Shadow  (Read 8282 times)

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Harry still hosts Lasciel's Shadow
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2022, 05:05:56 PM »
I have always refused to believe that Lash is completely gone. The part of Harry's brain got damaged, when she protected him. But a wizard heals. I think, his brain could be healed now. So would be what was left of Lash.

But the Shadow wasn't an inherent "Harry-ness" thing; it was imposed from outside him.  When Harry healed, the parts of his brain that had been hosting Lash would have been healed without her.

I might even assert that imprinting a Shadow is a form of "damage," and subject to Wizardly healing; that the entire reason that  Lasciel's Shadow  could become  Lash  -- and grow into Harry's ally -- was because Harry was healing the damage Lasciel inflicted!

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2022, 05:21:52 PM »
Yes, and Harry's Shadow was also the real deal ...

No, Harry's shadow was a shadow.  In the end, Harry was the boss.
He could lock Lasciel's Shadow into a tiny dark box.
That smelled like his old gym-locker.

Lasciel herself?
Could have broken Harry's mind in a fraction of a second, if so inclined.  Or imposed strict mental bondage.  Or done almost anything else she wanted (but probably limited by whatever "Deal" Harry had struck; so probably not the worser options!)

Sanya had the "real deal," the actual Fallen Angel... not just the Shadow.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2022, 05:34:57 PM »
I know, it's all just speculations, no one can prove anything.
But it could also be that Lash was in that part of Harry's brain that didn't take the damage. She could have been sealed off because another part of the brain was damaged, which made her unable to contact her host. Maybe she cut off the relatively new Lash-part of herself, so that only the original shadow remained in the sealed-off part of the brain. What is left, isn't Lash anymore. It is Lasciel's shadow all over again. The Lash-part was involved in creating Bonea.

Now the brain is healed and the shadow slowly gains access again. Or even has had access for a long time again, but chooses to stay hidden, like you said (g33k).

The sealed off but not damaged part: I've known a patient who had had a stroke and they said, she was blind because of it. But we found out, that she could still see, but the part of her brain, which made her access the information about the things she sees, was damaged, so she saw everything, but couldn't connect the information her eyes took in with the part in her brain, which made her understand what she saw.
I hope I could make that clear. English is not my first language.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2022, 07:11:38 PM »
I know, it's all just speculations, no one can prove anything...
The Joy of WAGs!
 :o

;D

... I hope I could make that clear. English is not my first language.

Quite clear, I thought (English is my first language; and your English is much better than either my French or my Spanish!)

Or at least, as clear as some of this confusing neurological damage can be made...  ;)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2022, 07:57:40 PM »

Quite clear, I thought (English is my first language; and your English is much better than either my French or my Spanish!)
Oh, thank you. ;)

The Joy of WAGs!
WAGs are only crazy until there is proof they were right.
 *manic laughter*

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2022, 10:21:52 PM »
Sanya had the "real deal," the actual Fallen Angel... not just the Shadow.

It is a mistake to say, "not just the Shadow."  Apparently the Shadow is a lot harder to shake than the coin.

Also Lash, is no longer Lasciel, in the end she was no longer willing to do Lasciel's bidding, which was to get Harry to take up the coin.  She sacrificed herself instead, or if there is anything left of her I'd say she is working on her redemption.  Actually, Bonnie might just be the form that Lash had to take to redeem herself.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2022, 01:17:47 AM »
WAGs are only crazy until there is proof they were right.
 *manic laughter*
<looks startled>

<shrugs>

BWAAA-HA-HA-HA-HAAAAAAAA!