Author Topic: How the hell did Blood on his Soul survive being mulched to a pulp  (Read 17737 times)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: How the hell did Blood on his Soul survive being mulched to a pulp
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2022, 03:10:57 PM »
And yet Sheila was still more a real girlfriend than any that Carlos has ever had.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2022, 08:09:40 PM »
And yet Sheila was still more a real girlfriend than any that Carlos has ever had.

Doesn't matter, she was still an illusion that played off of Harry's weakness with women.  That is why Nic picked her coin to match up with Harry in the first place.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2022, 08:47:24 PM »

I mean Sheila is Lash, and Lash is probably the closest Harry has gotten to a health relationship

Offline TrueMonk

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2022, 09:29:51 PM »
I think the most likely scenario is that blood on his Soul shape shifted into something that could handle being crushed, such as an insect. And then shape shifted back afterwards.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2022, 11:54:13 PM »
Losing mass is difficult, gaining it easy in shape shifting.

Offline TrueMonk

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2022, 11:18:06 AM »
The eagle that listens to wind is shape shifting into is not described as a giant eagle, so I guess he is loosing quite a lot of weight, a big female Golden eagle with a 2,5 meter wingspan weights 7 kg. Blood on his Soul is both from the race that LTW learned shape shifting from and he was in the nevernever.

Afterwards, maybe he took the long way out and found a place where he knew how to cross over, similar to how Thomas can cross over in places of lust.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2022, 12:36:20 PM »
When is dead, dead, in the Dresden Files?  I can write any number of scenarios that work.  But what was the point of killing him if you are just going to resurrect him?

Death loses its gravitas if it is never, really final.  Murphy got killed. Butcher uses it for the emotional punch.  And then he resurrects her.  The whole scene with Rudolph turns out to be about Harry losing his shit because Rudolph made his girlfriend go away. Not because she died, because, well, she didn't.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2022, 12:38:28 PM »
The eagle that listens to wind is shape shifting into is not described as a giant eagle, so I guess he is loosing quite a lot of weight, a big female Golden eagle with a 2,5 meter wingspan weights 7 kg. Blood on his Soul is both from the race that LTW learned shape shifting from and he was in the nevernever.

Afterwards, maybe he took the long way out and found a place where he knew how to cross over, similar to how Thomas can cross over in places of lust.

Giant owl?

Offline TrueMonk

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2022, 02:43:38 PM »
Morriswalters, yes, but with the topic name it seemed like the purpose was to write the scenario that we each think is the most likely.

As I remember it LTW turned into a giant owl when he stopped of the roof in the beginning. I was thinking of when he flew towards the front line as an eagle and then turned into an elephant (in the fight where Harry makes the big ice wall).

Regardless the world's largest eagle weights 4.6 kg and has a wingspan of up to two meters. Even a giant owl seems like it would be reduction in mass.

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2022, 08:16:16 PM »
I mean Sheila is Lash, and Lash is probably the closest Harry has gotten to a health relationship

Well, until Justin screwed it up, Harry and Elaine were going good. the mind control broke them, and makes it impossible to get back together for guilt/fear.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2022, 09:58:44 PM »
Well, until Justin screwed it up, Harry and Elaine were going good. the mind control broke them, and makes it impossible to get back together for guilt/fear.

She was his sister, and it's implied Justin pushed them together as  a way to keep them socially isolated so it'd be easier to control them. Not exactly painting the best picture.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2022, 10:27:03 PM »
Sister? Would you care to support that?

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2022, 12:08:20 AM »
Sister? Would you care to support that?

They were adopted at a similar age, by the same person, and raised as siblings. Then they hit puberty.

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2022, 12:30:17 AM »
She was his sister, and it's implied Justin pushed them together as  a way to keep them socially isolated so it'd be easier to control them. Not exactly painting the best picture.

I thought it was more two outcasts banding together, and there is no blood relation, at least that we know of.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2022, 12:30:59 AM »
There are sisters and there are sisters.  I just wanted to be clear.