Author Topic: How the hell did Blood on his Soul survive being mulched to a pulp  (Read 18124 times)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: How the hell did Blood on his Soul survive being mulched to a pulp
« Reply #135 on: April 25, 2022, 07:38:23 AM »
Had Harry not hired his own assassin the point would have been moot. She wouldn't have had them.  Had Harry not gone on constantly in the books up to Changes about being turned in to the evil thrall of the nasty Queen Mab just maybe she might have been more forthcoming. But you know Butcher. /shrug/
Murphy had to find out what the current Harry was like and some irritating probing was part of that.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 25, 2022, 11:34:18 AM »
Oh absolutely it would have been irresponsible. But like I said, Harry never even asked for them back. Karrin is the one that brings them up -pretty much at random- in order to go "Fuck you Harry, these are too important to entrust to you and I'm keeping them".

And then when he does bring up the swords (when he suggests bringing one to Demonreach) she responds with "Yo Harry, remember the time you got your best friend crippled for life".

Like, Murphy was just insanely antagonistic about the Swords in Cold Days, because she's too proud to admit that she just doesn't want to use the damn things.

But this is getting pretty off topic so I suggest we stop here.

Or a fucking clue how or when they need to be handed out and used, yet continues to berate Harry about the proper use and care of the Swords.  Then well, in Skin Game, she plays the hypocrite, doing exactly what she berated Harry about as far as the Swords and Holy Knights go .  Maybe that is why she ends up in Valhalla instead of Heaven or even where her father is at helping Uriel?

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 25, 2022, 01:33:38 PM »
Actually Harry was pushing Murphy to take the sword up all the time. At the end Harry gave the sword to the right person but it was not like he was intending to give it to Butters. He was aiming for Charity.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 25, 2022, 02:59:54 PM »
Actually Harry was pushing Murphy to take the sword up all the time. At the end Harry gave the sword to the right person but it was not like he was intending to give it to Butters. He was aiming for Charity.

He did, or he said it was a job offer back in Small Favor when it lighted up when she touched it. But he really didn't push it until Changes.  I agree he was aiming for Charity, but either way he did throw it in the right direction and Butters got it.  He did have the insight that in the right hand the Sword would be made whole again, and that's what happened.

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 25, 2022, 07:18:40 PM »

I don't think Harry was offering a calling, he was offering a tool.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 26, 2022, 02:26:29 PM »
I don't think Harry was offering a calling, he was offering a tool.

Yes, the Sword is a tool to be wielded by the Knight under some very strict rules.  Murphy did it to help Harry save his daughter in Changes, but then freely admitted that being a Knight wasn't her calling because she could not accept the rules that a Knight must follow to wield a Sword.

Offline toodeep

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 11, 2022, 01:21:48 AM »
I don't believe that Blood on his Soul survived.  I believe that Nic is so wanted that the only place he could hide was by pretending to be Blood on his Soul.  With the power of his fallen angel, he could easily pretend to be someone else with a fallen angel....
And that hate he has for Harry is still very, very real