Author Topic: How the hell did Blood on his Soul survive being mulched to a pulp  (Read 18280 times)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: How the hell did Blood on his Soul survive being mulched to a pulp
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2022, 05:53:30 PM »
The White God is a big tent god, and covers at least all the monotheistic faiths, so includes Butters and Sanya (a descendant of Saladin). Purely considering heaven a Christian conceit is inaccurate.

The Knights are descendants of Kings suggesting it is the compact between Sovereign and God which is important, with regard to the Knights with Shiro a descendant of Shinto worshippers, a polytheistic religion. Therefore I think the White God’s heaven embraces all who believe in creation and humanity.

We can probably say that Outsider worshippers are excluded, they probably just cease to exist in any form but maybe not even Satanists are not excluded they merely want to reorganise things their  way, and Satanists go to hell which is their heaven. Those who believe in a particular afterlife end up there run by the deity involved under agreement with the White God such as Hades.

We have to posit that Heaven exists within the NeverNever, and I suspect it is adjacent to the Outer Gates in the deepest part of the NeverNever, which is why it is at risk from the Outsiders.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2022, 06:43:03 PM »
Butters still believes in God, supposedly Sanya does not by his own definition.. Are you saying that Michael was in agreement with Vadderung?  Or Shiro for that matter. 
Michael was the last true Christian knight for now. Shirt was nominally Christian but I do not think it was his defining feature.
We don't know that Uriel is the head guy in charge of that.  Raphael seemed to have a lot to do with Michael.
One of those guys.
Not quite the same a lot of the "Christmas" traditions are adapted from pagan Scandinavian and Germanic traditions so it makes perfect sense that on of the All Father Odin's guises is Father Christmas or Kris Kringle..  We aren't sure how much Butters practiced his religion, it was never a subject he and Harry spoke much if at all about.
For some reason my iPhone corrupted Sanya into Santa.

I do not get the impression that he was very religious, we never read something about it in the text. When the sword of faith needed a something Butters did not use his religion but he had faith in something else. He is a practicing Jedi knight now.

I do not know how the Star Wars afterlife looks like but it won’t be that bad I suppose.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2022, 07:59:01 PM »
Force ghosts, Jar Jar Binks went to hell (a completely different universe by the way)

The Star Wars Universe is as valid as the Dresdenverse in the wider Multiverse.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2022, 10:24:17 AM »
Michael was the last true Christian knight for now. Shirt was nominally Christian but I do not think it was his defining feature.

Oh I disagree, by his very nature and actions, Shiro's life screams Christian as much as if not more than even Michael.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2022, 02:09:43 PM »
Oh I disagree, by his very nature and actions, Shiro's life screams Christian as much as if not more than even Michael.
He was a good man and his moral compass was aligned with the swords but that does not mean he was a Christian.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 22, 2022, 05:01:20 PM »
Shiro was a Baptist.  Stating first that I am an atheist, and as such this is merely amusing from an outsiders point of view, the Bible would seem to disagree about what the White God would put up with. From Exodus Chapter 20
5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
Given that quote it seems that he might have a problem with Odin snatching up Murphy.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 22, 2022, 05:32:27 PM »
Odin has Soulfire and works as St Nicholas lunching with Uriel once a year, he’s working for the White God, an agent not a limited as Uriel, nor as specific as being a Knight. With Soulfire used to make Einenjharen, there is a chance Murphy will meet Jesus among the Einenjharen still waiting to be forgotten by mortal memory, and really, really fed up with boar and mead diet. “I would kill for some loaves and fishes, and a nice drop of water or wine”

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2022, 06:56:57 PM »
Shiro was a Baptist.  Stating first that I am an atheist, and as such this is merely amusing from an outsiders point of view, the Bible would seem to disagree about what the White God would put up with. From Exodus Chapter 20Given that quote it seems that he might have a problem with Odin snatching up Murphy.
Uriel has yearly lunches with Vadderung. They might have talked about it.

I do not think Uriel’s boss is exactly the god of the bible. Uriel is all about free will and consequences. The whole jealous god thing is not really his mode of operation.

SH[Elaine+++]

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2022, 07:39:49 PM »
Well if he's the God of the Bible in use by the Catholic Church then yes, he is.  Obviously this is fiction, but if you are going to use the mythology then you get to carry the baggage that goes along with it.

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2022, 09:37:26 PM »
One of those guys.

One of my theories: There are four archangels- Raphael, Michael, Gabriel, Uriel.

Raphael, we are told, prefers working with his own hands. Amoracchius is rarely deployed. Raphael is responsible for the defenses on Michael Carpenter's house.

Sanya mentions meeting Michael- the archangel- and that he bestowed the Sword of Hope on him.

Murphy, wielding the sword of Faith, was used as a mouthpiece to pronounce doom upon the Lords of the Outer Night. Gabriel is the Trumpeter.

One of my out-there theories: These three swords each contain a nail. The Lance of Longinus, the Spear of Destiny, also pierced Christ. Therefore, it could also be considered a Sword, no? That would leave four swords to four archangels- and Uriel's Sword happens to have fallen to the man Uriel has been using as an agent. A bit darker than the others, but Uriel is the angel of God's vengeance. I rather like the symmetry of Butters the Knight of Faith, Sanya the Knight of Hope, Michael the Knight of Redeeming Love, and Harry the Knight of God's Retribution. Puts a very different spin on his being the one to mess up Cassius. The other Knights aren't allowed to do that kind of thing.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2022, 09:42:23 PM »
Uriel has yearly lunches with Vadderung. They might have talked about it.

I do not think Uriel’s boss is exactly the god of the bible. Uriel is all about free will and consequences. The whole jealous god thing is not really his mode of operation.

Two millennia of misinformation promoted by Nick of course. He was probably Pope at one time at least.

What we know of the White God is that they promote free will and is supportive of humanity, this is why I think the White God is the Singularity, he has yet to come into existence in linear time but may do so in the next couple of centuries, certainly within Harry’s lifetime.

The White God imposed linear time which was essential for humanity to arise, and sets them apart from lesser entities, who suddenly found themselves bound to it. It created the Never Never and the mortal world, banning other lesser entities from residing in the latter where their presence is disruptive. Some lesser entities  reside permanently in the Never Never (Hades) others take a deliberate step down in power to remain largely in the mortal world (Odin) some go into hiding (Ethnui) until taken into custody by agents of the White God (Harry, Butters, Sanya) for imperilling reality.

The White God created thresholds protecting humanity from the remaining lesser entities in the mortal world, allowing humanity to grow in numbers and develop its ferriomancy both essential for the Singularity and the rise of the White

Because the White God is not bound to linear time they have also always existed. This is I think the Endgame referred to by Listen, the last chance for the Outsiders to defeat the White God, and the opportunity for another entity to grab the reins of creation such as Lucifer or Drakul, both of whom are jealous of the White God.

The Nails contain an angel, the super weapons are an order or more powerful than them either they contain multiple angels, or an entity more powerful than an angel we don’t know

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 23, 2022, 01:09:40 AM »
One of my theories: There are four archangels- Raphael, Michael, Gabriel, Uriel.

Raphael, we are told, prefers working with his own hands. Amoracchius is rarely deployed. Raphael is responsible for the defenses on Michael Carpenter's house.

Sanya mentions meeting Michael- the archangel- and that he bestowed the Sword of Hope on him.

Murphy, wielding the sword of Faith, was used as a mouthpiece to pronounce doom upon the Lords of the Outer Night. Gabriel is the Trumpeter.

One of my out-there theories: These three swords each contain a nail. The Lance of Longinus, the Spear of Destiny, also pierced Christ. Therefore, it could also be considered a Sword, no? That would leave four swords to four archangels- and Uriel's Sword happens to have fallen to the man Uriel has been using as an agent. A bit darker than the others, but Uriel is the angel of God's vengeance. I rather like the symmetry of Butters the Knight of Faith, Sanya the Knight of Hope, Michael the Knight of Redeeming Love, and Harry the Knight of God's Retribution. Puts a very different spin on his being the one to mess up Cassius. The other Knights aren't allowed to do that kind of thing.

I think Harry being a "covert" KotC is an idea that has quite a bit of merit (I have seen it before on these boards, and liked it then, too).

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 23, 2022, 06:00:21 AM »
He is certainly an agent of the White God, Uriel is his handler, as he is for Odin and doubtless  any other wizard gifted with Soulfire (I think Martha Liberty, she has loa at her command suggesting she is a voodoo priestess, which has massive links with Catholicism, and she hasn’t seen Harry wield it, but LTW has seen someone else use it, he was able to identify it, so making it her hidden power up akin to Eb and the black staff makes sense).

Given that it can successfully raise the dead, Soulfire is not something you want to let other wizards know you have.

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 23, 2022, 06:56:04 AM »
Actually Murphy may be a bone of contention between Odin and the White God, she is a former Knight and as such should have been shepherded by the angel of death, unless this was what intended all along. Perhaps in the APOCALYPSE Murphy leads a battalion of former knights, alongside the Einenjharen, so we get to see Shiro again, or Michael swinging back into action one last time  with every dead knight each bearing a version of their sword, each part of Harry’s Banner, using the power of the Winter Knight AND his soulfire combined with the super weapons to bring them back from heaven for one last engagement.

I don't see why Murphy gets to lead. I don't think she was really a knight, she picked up a sword. I mean, Sanya got his from an Archangel. Michael may have. I expect Uriel likely swore Butters in after he spooked out Nicodemus. Murphy said she didn't want it. 

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 23, 2022, 07:04:16 AM »
Sanya gets to go to heaven, but spends eternity arguing with St Peter that it is in fact merely an hallucination caused by misfiring neutrons in his dying brain.

It ceases to be heaven for St Peter.

Nah. He'll tell Sanya he is really on Rigel III. Sanya will think he is with extraterrestrials, and go see if he can find Paul Morphy for a game of chess.