Author Topic: Jim Butcher Well Wishing  (Read 2750 times)

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
Jim Butcher Well Wishing
« on: March 06, 2022, 06:47:39 AM »
Hey Paranetters,

Just wondering who might be interested in making a video or something along those lines?

The idea would be wishing Jim well and to say thanks for bringing a bit of joy to our lives. Maybe each person would submit a 5-10 second video just saying thanks and/or best wishes (or longer video if we don't have many people). Nothing too strenuous on our part. I would compile it into a single video maybe a few minutes max, and send it to him (or one of his team).

For those who might wish to remain anonymous, they could submit a short sentence or voice clip attributed to a webhandle or some such.

Hopefully it would be well received and just let the guy know there's a lot of love for him out there, and that we're thinking of him.

What do you think?

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Jim Butcher Well Wishing
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2022, 10:03:59 AM »
If you do, I'll sent something. I would not show my face, but I would sent an audio over an image.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2022, 10:58:34 AM »
Yeah I'd add the tweet I sent him a few years back "Hey Jim Guess what I want for Christmas? Peace Talks!" I like to think it inspired his Christmas short stories.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2022, 11:19:51 AM »

Always wish him well...  :)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2022, 05:37:37 PM »
Good idea. Where should we send it to?

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2022, 06:46:09 PM »
His publisher.

Offline RobReece

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2022, 09:30:01 PM »
or if any of his Betas on this site(you know who you are...) are still in touch with him, they could pass it along.

Offline TrueMonk

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2022, 11:04:16 PM »
Maybe it could be two videos? 8ne where you 8nly have the couple of seconds to say thanks and one with a minute to say a bit more about how happy you are for the books?

I am in :-)

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2022, 11:02:32 AM »
Thanks guys, if you want to send me something I will set up an email link for it.

His agent is probably the right person, but I think the community site manager Priscilla (Priscillie) might be a better choice given her work. I am going to try and get a few more people from around the web to join in.

Maybe it could be two videos? 8ne where you 8nly have the couple of seconds to say thanks and one with a minute to say a bit more about how happy you are for the books?

I am in :-)
I am happy if people want to send longer videos too, I can try and work them in. The less people involved the more time I will need to fill the video so longer clips will be appreciated. If I get too many I will have to cut down or make a second video. But I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2022, 04:03:40 PM »

Old computer and not much tech expertise, so won't be sending a video, but still wish Jim well of course. ;)

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2022, 12:19:59 AM »
This sounds more personal than professional, so I would say Priscillie instead of the publisher. When i say it is personal, I am not saying don't DO it, just it is not the publisher's job.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2022, 02:34:35 AM »
This sounds more personal than professional, so I would say Priscillie instead of the publisher. When i say it is personal, I am not saying don't DO it, just it is not the publisher's job.

I agree.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)