Author Topic: Learning the system and campaign prep  (Read 4110 times)

Offline Frankto

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Learning the system and campaign prep
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2023, 07:07:07 PM »
I suppose that makes sense! It can be hard to find a reliable group online. I've had some experiences in the past that... eesh. I've seen some stuff.

Personally, I love the original DFRPG the most. As for the book, I guess we'll see! If even a few people more get into the game because of it and maybe gets the ball rolling on giving this game a bigger following, then it'll have done what I want.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2023, 08:16:05 PM »
I just hit Evil Hat's website.  They still sell DFRPG, but only Our World is available in hardcopy.

It'll take quite a bit of doing, IMHO, to get a resurgence in the game without hardcopy available; by the same token, with no evident market, a big print-run of DFRPG titles seems "unlikely" at best.  Bit of a catch-22.

Offline Frankto

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2023, 10:13:41 PM »
I just hit Evil Hat's website.  They still sell DFRPG, but only Our World is available in hardcopy.

It'll take quite a bit of doing, IMHO, to get a resurgence in the game without hardcopy available; by the same token, with no evident market, a big print-run of DFRPG titles seems "unlikely" at best.  Bit of a catch-22.

That's really too bad, but hey, there will be an attempt at least! Think you may have replied to the wrong thread, though  ;)

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2023, 03:25:57 AM »
... Think you may have replied to the wrong thread, though  ;)
I was explicitly replying to:
If even a few people more get into the game because of it and maybe gets the ball rolling on giving this game a bigger following.

I too would love to see more DFRPG games happening, and even EvilHat returning to add another volume... maybe bringing it up to the latest DF novels!

Offline Frankto

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2023, 07:43:50 AM »
That would be the dream! Dresden Files: Condensed, maybe! Somebody take my money, I need more DFRPG. Heh.