Author Topic: Merlin, Building the Island, and the Family Dresden  (Read 6274 times)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Merlin, Building the Island, and the Family Dresden
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2022, 01:05:45 PM »
I don't think he can go to that well too many times. His enemies will figure it out and soon find a work around.   It worked against Eb because of his emotional state, it limited Eb's ability to realize what Harry was pulling in time.

It worked for Kemmler, and of course Bob would know.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2022, 03:07:27 PM »
Wouldn't canon be that Bob has no memories of his period with Kemmler having given them to Evil Bob when he split off..  And Evil Bob seemed to have no memories of Kemmler's last stand.

Online Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2022, 04:41:15 PM »
Wouldn't canon be that Bob has no memories of his period with Kemmler having given them to Evil Bob when he split off..  And Evil Bob seemed to have no memories of Kemmler's last stand.

I need to go back and read Ghost Story, and I could be totally wrong, but it seems like Harry inadvertently created Evil Bob when he ordered Bob to "forget" everything that happened while he was in the possession of Kemmler.  This was of course after Harry had ordered Bob to remember back in Dead Beat and "Kemmler Bob aka Evil Bob," nearly killed him.. It scared Bob as well I think, so he forgot so well that Evil Bob was born.   And now, I think you are right, Bob has no more memories of that time.
It worked for Kemmler, and of course Bob would know.

Still limited, the Wardens did successfully get him in the end.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2022, 05:07:15 PM »
I need to go back and read Ghost Story, and I could be totally wrong, but it seems like Harry inadvertently created Evil Bob when he ordered Bob to "forget" everything that happened while he was in the possession of Kemmler.  This was of course after Harry had ordered Bob to remember back in Dead Beat and "Kemmler Bob aka Evil Bob," nearly killed him.. It scared Bob as well I think, so he forgot so well that Evil Bob was born.   And now, I think you are right, Bob has no more memories of that time.
Still limited, the Wardens did successfully get him in the end.

Which Kemmler considers to be the most successful iteration of that particular trick yet. We haven’t seen him die in series so it isn’t definite.

Online Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2022, 06:35:29 PM »
Which Kemmler considers to be the most successful iteration of that particular trick yet. We haven’t seen him die in series so it isn’t definite.

I thought if I remember correctly it was Luccio who said that there was a body after, and he was as Jim would say, DED,  but they didn't know what happened to "Bob."  Hmmm... Tinfoil hat time! Evil Bob is Kemmler! 8)

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2022, 09:05:45 PM »
Kemmler tricked Jim as well.

Online Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2022, 09:35:41 PM »