Author Topic: What Should Butters Ask For?  (Read 4048 times)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: What Should Butters Ask For?
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2022, 02:28:37 AM »
Harry’s subconscious worked out in Battle Ground that Justine was Nemesis and that Lasciel was around in Skin Game. Id Harry worked out the parasite was a child. Sometimes Harry does his best work when he is unconscious. He just needs to admit that. With a first person narrative we get everything from Conscious Harry’s perspective and he is a biased and unreliable narrator, we only ever get Plan A.

Don’t underestimate the Za Guard, they saw off the Summer Lady. Although after Peace Talks very few entities will be underestimating them now.

Next Book is about Harry dealing with his mental health issues, we might see some clarity about Harry and his motivations. Or we might just see his Conscious, Sub- Conscious and Id engage in a three stooges routine.

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2022, 10:57:48 AM »
As his Id points out, he already knows what Harry knows and vice-versa. That makes sense, because they are the same mind. The same soul.

I don't underestimate the Za Lord's guard, but I wouldn't underestimate Eldest Gruff either, who was a far more seasoned fighter than Aurora. Aurora may have been strong, sure. But as Harry shows time and time again, power is hardly the most telling factor. It's about talent, skill, will and experience. It's about planning and adaptability.

And the Za Lord's guard were not as formidable and organised in Small Favor in Battle Ground. The horde that is summoned in Battle Ground would be hard for anyone to deal with, I suspect. But then again, it all depends on who he was fighting (and when and why).

I suspect we will get some clarity about Harry's emotions and trauma...but who knows how much? I wouldn't mind the three stooges routine, it would fit Harry (although it's only really him and the Id, who is also basically his subconscious).

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2022, 02:50:42 PM »
At it’s current Power and deployment the Za Guard could take out the entire White Council if Harry ordered them to locate and undertake a coordinated ambush cutting the throat of every Wizard, with probably an initial 90% plus success rate. The Little Folk can get into places few others can and can make themselves difficult to see, and can swarm their targets. Facts the Senior Council appreciate and make them very wary of attacking Harry.

Harry has a tendency to survive impossible odds, curses, destiny etc and doesn’t need to turn up in person with the Eye of Balor to destroy Edinburgh.

And that is not knowing about the White God’s nukes, and his full control over Demonreach and it’s inhabitants.

Getting back on topic one thing Butters could ask of Mab, a way for the Knight’s to access the Never Never and travel the Ways with a clone of Harry’s crystal (which Harry should be able to make). It would allow the Knights to cover far more ground, slay the monster on the other side of the world and be back for bedtime and wouldn’t be a power up from the White God destabilising the balance between the Coins and the Swords

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2022, 03:22:34 PM »
At it’s current Power and deployment the Za Guard could take out the entire White Council if Harry ordered them to locate and undertake a coordinated ambush cutting the throat of every Wizard, with probably an initial 90% plus success rate. The Little Folk can get into places few others can and can make themselves difficult to see, and can swarm their targets. Facts the Senior Council appreciate and make them very wary of attacking Harry.

Maybe they could do that, but I don't see Harry ordering that unless things were dire and he had absolute proof that the whole lot was infested with Nemesis.  Keep in mind, though Harry has been kicked off the Council and does have enemies on the Council, deep down Harry still is a White Council man.  Most of their values are his values, they left him, he didn't leave them.
Harry has a tendency to survive impossible odds, curses, destiny etc and doesn’t need to turn up in person with the Eye of Balor to destroy Edinburgh.
No, but I doubt he wants to do that.
Getting back on topic one thing Butters could ask of Mab, a way for the Knight’s to access the Never Never and travel the Ways with a clone of Harry’s crystal (which Harry should be able to make). It would allow the Knights to cover far more ground, slay the monster on the other side of the world and be back for bedtime and wouldn’t be a power up from the White God destabilising the balance between the Coins and the Swords
I don't think Butters knows about the crystal..  I'm not sure that Harry could make a clone of the crystal.  He has no clue at this point how his mother made it, or if she made it.  Also just because the Knights were enabled to cover more ground doesn't mean they'd be more effective.. The real danger is being spread too thin, as it is, currently there are only two Swords in use, and setting priorities not all monsters or crises are created equal, and instead of being more effective, they could waste a lot of time and resources.. Thus playing right into the Enemy's hands.

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2022, 04:47:30 PM »
Since the agenda of the Knights is set by their boss, I don't see how being able to move around easier and faster could cause them any issues. If anything it could lead to overwork but there seems to be plenty of downtime in Butters and Sanya's schedules.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2022, 04:57:22 PM »
Since the agenda of the Knights is set by their boss, I don't see how being able to move around easier and faster could cause them any issues. If anything it could lead to overwork but there seems to be plenty of downtime in Butters and Sanya's schedules.

Their freedom of choice still holds though, besides if the Almighty wanted them to have a fast track though the Nevernever, they'd already have it.  Neither Sanya, or Murphy as a temporary Holy Knight at the time in Changes acted like they had any interest in the crystal, the only time Harry has ever used it when they all traveled to C.I.  There may be a very good reason that we do not know about yet as to why they weren't interested.