Author Topic: Harry creates a portal to Demonreach!  (Read 22184 times)

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Harry creates a portal to Demonreach!
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2021, 02:34:33 PM »
Sarcastic exaggeration.  The point stands.

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2021, 05:50:48 PM »
Outside of the Gatekeeper and the other wizard in Turn Coat, no one has used a Way to reach Demonreach that we've seen. Nic and his crew used boats when they kidnapped Ivy. Shagnasty flew in all the other attendees came by boat or helicopter. The Summer and Winter contingents in Cold Days came by air according to Fix(so even Maeve and Aurora didn't know a safe Way). Even Mab comes by boat when she collects Harry in Skin Game. Whatever is on the Never Never side of Demonreach is something only the powerful and desperate will risk.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2021, 06:48:07 PM »
Outside of the Gatekeeper and the other wizard in Turn Coat, no one has used a Way to reach Demonreach that we've seen. Nic and his crew used boats when they kidnapped Ivy. Shagnasty flew in all the other attendees came by boat or helicopter. The Summer and Winter contingents in Cold Days came by air according to Fix(so even Maeve and Aurora didn't know a safe Way). Even Mab comes by boat when she collects Harry in Skin Game. Whatever is on the Never Never side of Demonreach is something only the powerful and desperate will risk.
The gatekeeper was very careful not to set foot on the island.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2021, 06:53:29 PM »
I wonder if Demonreach never never side or faire side I'm sure that's significant. I'm doubting it's fairy. I'm sure what ever it is is pretty bad and could be very far away. In which some type of teleportal lol is needed

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2021, 06:54:31 PM »
I know some figured out how to get there quick but how many know of it

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2021, 07:28:34 PM »
Sarcastic exaggeration.  The point stands.

An exaggeration, yes, but you are also wrong!  Outside of Rashid and Peabody, not even Mab traveled to Demonreach by a portal or Way, in Skin Game she traveled there by yacht, check out the beginning of chapter 2 and the beginning of chapter 3.. Oh and when the Outsiders tried to invade, they went by barge, check out Cold Days.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2021, 08:16:22 PM »
If Peabody knew a way why did he use the same way to Chicago as the other white council members?
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2021, 09:18:15 PM »
I don't know that the text actually says Peabody, but two somebody's did in Turn Coat.  Maeve, Lily, the Redcap, the Rawhide, Fix and others do in Cold Days. Unless of course they rode in on invisible boats. Per canon I wouldn't expect the White Council to know a way there. Otherwise what's the point of Harry's magic map.  If the information were common the crystal would be mundane. Mab's been there three times. I've always assumed that she teleported and knocked on the door, so to speak ,when Harry had himself shot. She's certainly been inside. She could have called in an Air Ambulance I suppose. Snark aside, the point being that if you want to get to Demonreach by portal it isn't impossible.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2021, 09:36:13 PM »
I don't know that the text actually says Peabody, but two somebody's did in Turn Coat.  Maeve, Lily, the Redcap, the Rawhide, Fix and others do in Cold Days. Unless of course they rode in on invisible boats. Per canon I wouldn't expect the White Council to know a way there. Otherwise what's the point of Harry's magic map.  If the information were common the crystal would be mundane. Mab's been there three times. I've always assumed that she teleported and knocked on the door, so to speak ,when Harry had himself shot. She's certainly been inside. She could have called in an Air Ambulance I suppose. Snark aside, the point being that if you want to get to Demonreach by portal it isn't impossible.
We don't know how Maeve and company got on the island in Cold Days, but it clearly states the Outsiders used barges, of any of those mentioned could get to the island via portal or whatever it would have been Outsiders....  I wouldn't be shocked if Maeve and Lily used a boat as well, it also clearly states in Skin Game that Mab traveled to the island and back by yacht, if anyone knew of a portal and or Way, she would.  Yet in Skin Game Harry describes her speed yacht pulling up to What's Up Dock and later pulling into Chicago on it/

Offline TrueMonk

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2021, 09:52:18 PM »
I think Fix said that Maeve, Lily and the others flew there.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2021, 10:56:14 PM »
“Flew in,” Fix said. “Shape-shifters. I dropped from a hang glider over the lake and parachuted in.”
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2021, 01:44:44 AM »
The issue about using a portal to Demonreach is that with a Warden in place and it’s defences active you can’t. Odin and Ferrovax can block the NeverNever for Chicago and I presume Alfred can for the much smaller area of Demonreach.

Even without its full defences active it isn’t an easy place to portal in. Maeve presumably was able to do so to bring in Peabody (which is the current popular theory) but wasn’t able to do so in Cold Day’s. Mab suspected her for decades, but in Cold Day’s she was fully recognised as a threat. If there is an Arctis Tor route, previously available to her, it wouldn’t have been available by Cold Days. Mab had a spy in Maeves court the Redcap, so if he reported her interest in Demonreach with the Peabody incident, that would have been closed to her.

Thinking about it it is entirely in Mab’s character to have allowed Maeve to use the Portal as a test to see if she was connected with the Black Council.

There is at least one other portal to Arctis Tor used in Proven guilty, so Maeve, so  Peabody portalled from Edinburgh to Chicago, got a cab across Town to the Proven Guilty Portal where he was met by Maeve outside Arctis Tor, who then took him and the Spiders via the Arctis Tor Portal to Demonreach, taking him back.

The fact that there isn’t a more direct portal to Arctis Tor than Chicago or at least a safe one for Peabody is either noteworthy or lazy writing by Jim. The whole reveal of Peabody would have failed otherwise if a different route was available.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2021, 03:19:47 AM »
I cede the point and Harry will be doomed to having wet feet. Better him than me.

We disagree on Proven Guilty and when Mab knew. I won't argue it

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2021, 03:33:24 AM »
“Flew in,” Fix said. “Shape-shifters. I dropped from a hang glider over the lake and parachuted in.”

Thanks, that still ain't using a portal or a Way.. ::)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 11:33:31 AM by Mira »

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2021, 01:40:51 AM »
Just how scary is whatever is on the other side to make the winner Queen and her whole crew to steer clear