Author Topic: Harry creates a portal to Demonreach!  (Read 22599 times)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Harry creates a portal to Demonreach!
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2021, 12:02:01 AM »
The belief in a magic door to Demonreach when there is nothing to suggest this is irrational. The Castle has intricate Wards and may possibly extrude Gargoyles based upon the Good Folk and final chapters of BG, but there has been nothing other than wishful thinking about a magic door.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2021, 01:42:44 AM »
I will give consideration to the thought that you are, in fact, correct. After all we're  talking about magic doors in a magic castle that has a portal into faerie in the basement. One that a criminal mastermind had imported from Europe for some formerly dead Viking warriors.

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2021, 01:44:12 AM »
Marcone and Drakul aren't gods either...whos says Harry can't widen that point to point jump or use some unknown castle to island jump spell

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2021, 01:46:22 AM »
Good thing this story covers everything rational and irrational and gods to fairies and little dogs too...

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2021, 03:13:42 AM »
Bonnie and Bob could help translate the spell work. Maybe even just flat out ask odin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2021, 04:05:14 AM »
Everywhere touches onto the Never Never at some point, the Castle isn’t special in that regard.

The point to point teleportation exhibited by Dracula and Namshiel appeared to be line of sight, not miles over tidal water. The same applied to the mode of Travel employed by Harry in Ghost Story

Jim tries to be consistent within the Universes that he builds and believes in Checkov’s Gun, no magic door or allusion to one has previously been given, plenty of reference has been given to use of the Never Never. Wishing otherwise isn’t going to change this unless you are Jim.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2021, 05:43:27 AM »
I love consistency too.  Merlin built a prison on one end of Lake Michigan 600 or so years ago, or earlier, and didn't have a way to get there? Couple of thousand miles from where lore places him?  But you're right. I'm irrational about this.  I hate that effing boat.

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2021, 09:33:58 AM »
Harry lived on the island for a while after Ghost Story, right? So it was home. He is good at making magical items. He conjures a pair of ruby slippers, clicks his heels, and presto, he is at his vacation home on Demonreach, his beach house. He is Warden there, and RHIP.  Merlin probably installed a staff entrance, anyway, maybe that only the Warden can use.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2021, 09:40:08 AM »
Harry lived on the island for a while after Ghost Story, right? So it was home. He is good at making magical items. He conjures a pair of ruby slippers, clicks his heels, and presto, he is at his vacation homPe on Demonreach, his beach house. He is Warden there, and RHIP.  Merlin probably installed a staff entrance, anyway, maybe that only the Warden can use.

Wrong universe.

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2021, 10:43:21 AM »
Well CT says it must be so. No further discussion needed. Let's all wait until he gives Jim the next story line. So we all have zero possibility of getting anything correct unless we repeat CT's own theory. Just a friendly reminder so none of us waste anymore time thinking of possibilities.

Offline TrueMonk

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2021, 10:27:18 PM »
The advantage of having the path being castle, labs dungeon, island is that anyone taking that path would have to be a bit insane.

Yes, the island is a bad place, but Mabs dungeon :-O

Hey Nic, let's have this talk out on my magic island. No worries there is a quick path there through the nevernever. I am definitely not going to leave you in Mabs dungeon.

I also think the direct door is plausible btw.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 10:28:58 PM by TrueMonk »

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2021, 03:13:49 AM »

As I said in the other thread of a similar theme, Jim sunk the boat, Harry needs a way to get to
the island.  The island holds an arsenal that Harry needs access to, sometime rather quickly.  He has a jewel in his pentacle that will help him navigate anywhere through the Nevernever that he hasn't used since Changes.  If Lea's garden is still there, and there is no reason why it shouldn't be, it is in the Nevernever, the castle was built on top of the old building, even using apparently at least part of it's foundation since Harry's old basement lab is still there.  So when you consider all of the above facts together, I predict that if he needs to get to Demonreach, Harry from the castle, will open a portal into Lea's garden, and with his mother's jewel navigate the quickest and safest way he can to the island.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2021, 04:44:01 AM »
The Never Never changes and Lea invested her power in matching up her garden to Harry’s apartment (I wonder what other stalkery behaviour she has been up to in the past which has yet to come to light). It wasn’t a natural congruence and she wouldn’t waste her power maintaining it with no Harry.

As a dedicated stalker once Harry’s apartment burnt down she would have fixated on his next abode, which was Demonreach, and out of her weight class, as is the Carpenters abode. Molly’s Apartment on the other hand oh yes she will have moved her garden there in a heartbeat, as Molly is her second favourite stalkee.

However you have to take Mab into account. Harry is now the Winter Knight, taking on Lea’s agreement with Harry and building on it so whilst the garden may be back she is likely to want more control of Harry (Mab is a control freak rather than a stalker). That is why I think it will be backing onto the Winter Knights apartments in Arctis Tor, same idea, different implementation, and a connection between her Dungeon and Demonreach, so Harry has to go past the large plaque saying “Lloyd Slate Memorial Torture Cell” to get to Demonreach, because well, Mab. Mab likes keeping Harry in his place, which is in fact actually her place. Mab would have to invest power to make make the connections but Winter Knight abode to Winter Knight Abode and Supernatural Dungeon to Supernatural Dungeon, probably wouldn’t take much and would stick fairly well once done.

Indeed the Mab Dungeon to Demonreach leg may already have been in place, it may have been part of the Gatekeepers route in the first place, very few would dare use it, but the Gatekeeper would have been cleared to do so. He could have come to Arctis Tor from the Outer Gates and to Demonreach that way.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2021, 10:26:43 AM »
Everybody and their brother can and has  gotten to Demonreach by some type of portal.  Which is different then getting inside Demonreach. I should say everybody but Harry.  He's too dumb and has to go in a leaky boat which takes hours.  However it does make a nice break in the action when Chicago is under assault.  Harry says "The apocalypse is here, let's go boating."  And it's not even a fast boat.  Right./s

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2021, 11:36:46 AM »
Everybody and their brother can and has  gotten to Demonreach by some type of portal.  Which is different then getting inside Demonreach. I should say everybody but Harry.  He's too dumb and has to go in a leaky boat which takes hours.  However it does make a nice break in the action when Chicago is under assault.  Harry says "The apocalypse is here, let's go boating."  And it's not even a fast boat.  Right./s

No, not everybody and his brother got to Demonreach by portal, in Turn Coat the whole Senior Council with the exception of Rashid, and Peabody, went there by boat. 
Turn Coat page 296 hardback

"Where's the rest of the Senior Council?"
"On the way, I should think," he said.  "They'll need to secure transportation to the island in Chicago and then find their way here."
"But not you.  You came through the Nevernever?"
He nodded, his eyes watching me carefully. "I know a Way.  I've been here before."

So apparently there isn't a portal or a Way that everybody and his brother can use..  And on page 303, Harry describes the arrival of the Senior Council, including Wardens hidden under veils, by a rented boat.

I also doubt that the Nevernever changes all that much if Mab doesn't want it to change.  It is to her advantage if Harry can enter the Nevernever easily, so I imagine if there isn't one at the castle now, there will be one.  It is possible that even Marcone used it.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 12:48:04 PM by Mira »