Author Topic: Harry creates a portal to Demonreach!  (Read 22738 times)

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Harry creates a portal to Demonreach!
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2021, 03:21:31 PM »
As Mab said "it is her car". And as Odin said it is "your Island" so Harry can in theory teleport from his castle to his island if someone showing how to teleport.

In theory this can be a major game-changer.

Offline SerScot

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2021, 03:59:10 PM »
From the castle to the Hogan on the island. Somehow uses the old spells make a connection. So he doesn't have to make a boat trip anymore. Or makes teleportation possible from castle.

Only twice in the series have we seen direct point to point ways from different places.  The Door created by Vadderrung at CI back to St.
Mary’s and Mab’s door in Harry’s suite back to Chicago.  Harry makes it very clear that this is magic well beyond him and most practioners. 

He doesn’t have the juice or skill to pull this off.
"Maybe there will be a laundry emergency at the Carpenter house, and Harry shows up with detergent saying, 'I am Harry of the White Council. And I come back to you now at the turn of the TideTM.'" -  Vairelome 9/25/2011

Mab =/= Molly

Malcom =/= KotC

Offline SerScot

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2021, 04:13:46 PM »
Far too much power required and open to possible third party disruption.

Remember Demonreach is on tidal water and that will disrupt magic, going through the Never Never avoids this.

The tides on Lake Michigan are so small as to be nonexistent.
"Maybe there will be a laundry emergency at the Carpenter house, and Harry shows up with detergent saying, 'I am Harry of the White Council. And I come back to you now at the turn of the TideTM.'" -  Vairelome 9/25/2011

Mab =/= Molly

Malcom =/= KotC

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2021, 06:19:47 PM »
Does anybody really think that there won't be fast transport to the island?  Harry has Merlin's castle(it's my story and I'm sticking with it) and Merlin's prison.  Is someone seriously suggesting that there isn't a magic door somewhere on the premises.  It could be the address was changed when the castle was built over the basement so now it opens up on the whats up dock instead on Lea's garden. Or it could be that Harry ends up with the Morgana's Athame  which Lea used to open a portal in ?Grave Peril?.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2021, 06:35:39 PM »
Does anybody really think that there won't be fast transport to the island?  Harry has Merlin's castle(it's my story and I'm sticking with it) and Merlin's prison.  Is someone seriously suggesting that there isn't a magic door somewhere on the premises.  It could be the address was changed when the castle was built over the basement so now it opens up on the whats up dock instead on Lea's garden. Or it could be that Harry ends up with the Morgana's Athame  which Lea used to open a portal in ?Grave Peril?.

I don't know if it is going to go down like that, but since Jim took the trouble to seriously damage if not sink Harry's one mode of transport to the island, an acceptable replacement has to be found.  Even if he got another boat, that is way too slow, he doesn't always have hours to get what he needs from the island.  I also think since it was brought up, that Harry will find out how to teleport.  Mab and Molly might find it is easier for him to come to them instead of the other way around in a summons and give him the power to do it.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 11:39:00 AM by Mira »

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2021, 08:09:05 PM »
Fast transport to the island would make things too easy for Harry.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2021, 10:24:54 PM »
Not if it was described as a cost to do. That time in between jumps is needed. And the Lea's garden isn't there anymore. I wouldn't think. Remember that it has to be a "like" place and it's changed

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2021, 10:41:41 PM »
I have already described viable routes through to the  NeverNever  Castle to Winter Knights Apartment at Arctis Tor, Arctis Tor Dungeon to Demonreach.

The Problem would be that every time he used it he risks being accosted by Winter Courtiers remember Mab’s Ball? It would go from the tedious to the suicidal.

The Winter Court would have its own version of a Peabody, a joyless bureaucrat,  Mab’s Chamberlain who wants Harry’s paperwork in triplicate (one for each Queen, though I suspect Mother Winter as an Intellectus appreciates the toilet paper).

It will also have those who would challenge Harry’s position in the Court trying to obstruct him (he must take at least one of them along to Demonreach with him and leave him there in stasis for a bit)

Also perfect for Mab to ambush Harry for updates on the wedding etc.

It may be shorter, but it will seem much much longer.

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2021, 12:44:16 AM »
Well I believe it will be a point to point

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2021, 12:45:47 AM »
Not via the Never Never.

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2021, 02:03:34 AM »
Castle to island

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2021, 11:23:00 AM »
Castle to island

Mortal world to mortal world, can be done but takes god level power, like Odin.

Harry is not a god.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2021, 05:11:59 PM »
He doesn't need to be a God, he only needs to find a hidden magic door that links the castle to Demonreach.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2021, 06:41:52 PM »
You mean a deux ex machina?

Why should there be a magic door between a random Scottish Castle and Demonreach?

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2021, 10:37:03 PM »
If you believe that is a random castle then I have some land I would like you to look at. From a distance.  In the dry season.