Author Topic: Harry creates a portal to Demonreach!  (Read 22694 times)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Harry creates a portal to Demonreach!
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2021, 05:43:39 AM »
Demonreach may not have been in the Jewel, if Margaret had never travelled there. It is basically a GPS of the Never Never, but like all GPS will have data holes, where info has not been input. Harry should be able to update it, but that means finding the routes. Currently he will only have added Marcone’s Bank to Hades Vault.

He should also be able to download it for other users. For example if he has a wizard level ally such as Elaine he should be able to download to a similar jewel the database, and then after a time be able to input new data from the duplicate adding to the database. I wonder if Harry can use the Hades diamonds for this purpose? As inanimate data storage as opposed to Bob? Could you download existing data Bob and Bonea might have in relation to the Never Never Routes? I would think a spirit of intellect would be imminently compatible for such a task.

But why limit that to routes through the Never Never? Bob and Bonea have read multitudes of books (not just bodice rippers, and pancake Cook books) you could put an entire library on a diamond and that would be usable by paranetters, whereas the Never Never data is only really usable by those strong enough to access the Never Never.

Bob has shown that he can utilise the electromagnetic spectrum, so both he and Bonea should be able to update the jewels remotely in real time, as well as add data from the internet.

Harry theoretically has everything he needs to bring about the Information Age in wizardry, and have the users update that information on a daily basis, a sort of Encyclopedia of magic.

An Wiccanpedia.

Yes I have spent this entire post building up to a pun. And I don’t regret it at all.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2021, 10:22:39 AM »
But I don't think Maeve was on the island in Turn Coat.
It was a nemesis/black council operative not the same as Peabody who was kept secret by Jim but he gave subtle clues about his/her identity.

Jim was building towards the unveiling of that agent from proven guilty or even summer knight. Smal clues can be interpreted with hindsight.

Maeve’s invisible hand had to pop up at places and turncoat is obvious. The winter spiders are a clue.

The winter spiders are a clue. They were also in direct violation of Mab’s policy which is a clue as well when they harassed the ways. That was a clue as well.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 10:24:39 AM by Arjan »
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2021, 11:55:50 AM »
Here’s a thought, did Maeve need to make a portal through the Never Never? If she is powerful enough to teleport, she could have teleported Peabody and the Spiders.

That would indicate only Rashid could access the way to Demonreach.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2021, 02:19:37 PM »
Here’s a thought, did Maeve need to make a portal through the Never Never? If she is powerful enough to teleport, she could have teleported Peabody and the Spiders.

That would indicate only Rashid could access the way to Demonreach.
Peabody was seen taking the same route as the white council members.

As far as I know we have not seen real teleport in the dresdenverse yet. Everyone uses gates.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2021, 04:35:47 PM »
Peabody was seen taking the same route as the white council members.

As far as I know we have not seen real teleport in the dresdenverse yet. Everyone uses gates.

Actually not, if I remember correctly the Senior Council members traveled to the island by boat.  That was the reason why Rashid was able arrive ahead of them, he traveled by a way, though he added most wouldn't go that way because it was nasty and dangerous.

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2021, 09:25:08 PM »
I definitely want to know the way to demon reach.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2021, 09:47:15 PM »
Actually not, if I remember correctly the Senior Council members traveled to the island by boat.  That was the reason why Rashid was able arrive ahead of them, he traveled by a way, though he added most wouldn't go that way because it was nasty and dangerous.
The gate were the detective and mouse saw him. Afterwards he went to the is.and separately.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2021, 11:27:11 PM »
Well think about it. I doubt Merlin boated to the island after every prisoner.  Maybe the big bad on the never never side is actually warden neutral

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2021, 12:14:19 AM »
Mab teleported in Peace Talks into the back of Harry’s car with Lara, so yes she doesn’t have to use the Ways. I presume Maeve could teleport BUT it is probably a proportionately higher power drain for her, and something she doesn’t do casually, especially if it is the part of the year where Winters power is waning.

Peabody came through the Way from Edinburgh to Chicago where the Spiders were, at that point he met up with Maeve, she teleports him and the Spiders to the island, but doesn’t take part in the battle because she needs to recharge, she is able to teleport Peabody off back to Chicago, he goes back via the ways to Edinburgh.

Rashid knows and is able to traverse the way to Demonreach, which probably requires currently going through Tartarus which means Maeve and Peabody wouldn’t try it even if they know it, they would be no match for Hades. Rashid wouldn’t likely have that problem. Tartarus likely backs onto many famous ex prisons - Alcatraz, the Bastille, the Tower of London, the demolished old Tolbooth in Edinburgh so you travel to a waypoint near one of them and go on the tour, pick up the way to Tartarus and then back to Demonreach.

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2021, 01:48:14 AM »
Catsith teleported

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2021, 03:17:11 AM »
Jim has used some form of instantaneous transport since the beginning.  Whenever Harry has summoned any of the Queens they just appear. They don't step through a a portal.

In Peace Talks the strange thing is how did Mab know where Harry was well enough to hit a moving car? In my minds eye I can hear Jim saying "I'm not going to tell you." in that singsong voice.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2021, 03:54:02 AM »
Jim has used some form of instantaneous transport since the beginning.  Whenever Harry has summoned any of the Queens they just appear. They don't step through a a portal.

I think that is a bit different from teleportation when a being is summoned.  Yeah, it appears to be teleportation but I think it different from say a wizard doing it to go from place to place. I think there is something else going on.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2021, 04:03:57 AM »
My opinion is a portal to get there would create a security risk. 
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2021, 05:22:46 AM »
Catsith teleported

That may just be a cat thing, see “I don’t own a cat”

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2021, 06:04:37 AM »

In Peace Talks the strange thing is how did Mab know where Harry was well enough to hit a moving car? In my minds eye I can hear Jim saying "I'm not going to tell you." in that singsong voice.
As she said it was her car, she could have done anything with that car to prepare for it. Or they were already in the car and just made themselves visible.

SH[Elaine+++]