Author Topic: Susicions about McCoy  (Read 1909 times)

Offline Shift8

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Susicions about McCoy
« on: December 10, 2021, 04:53:26 AM »
I'm chapter one of peace talks Carlos says that McCoy sent him to tell Harry about the peace talks.

But in chapter two, when the black staff comes to visit Harry and yell him the council is taking a vote to have him booted, he acts like he doesn't realize Harry will be working security and therefore not be able to follow his advice and make overtures to the council.

I find that extremely strange. How could Carlos be sent by McCoy to inform Harry of the peace talk but then be oblivious to the fact that this would set Harry up for failure when the council takes it's vote?

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Susicions about McCoy
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2021, 06:12:18 AM »
Odd thought, the black staff sent him acting as McCoy but McCoy himself doesn't remember actually doing it himself. Idk, this was an odd scene, makes another thread tied around McCoy and possible events of TT shenanigans.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2021, 11:17:41 AM »
Odd thought, the black staff sent him acting as McCoy but McCoy himself doesn't remember actually doing it himself. Idk, this was an odd scene, makes another thread tied around McCoy and possible events of TT shenanigans.

Or it fits with the theory that some of us have that McCoy is suffering from the early stages of dementia.  Another possibility, though he has been gone for some time, the effects of Peabody's ink hasn't completely worn off.

Offline ntribley

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2021, 01:12:34 AM »
Here’s another possibility. The events in the alternate universe book “Mirror, Mirror,” cause Dresden to know about the vote before he would have normally. Whether that actually helped him or not is debatable…

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2021, 03:29:43 AM »
I'm chapter one of peace talks Carlos says that McCoy sent him to tell Harry about the peace talks.

But in chapter two, when the black staff comes to visit Harry and yell him the council is taking a vote to have him booted, he acts like he doesn't realize Harry will be working security and therefore not be able to follow his advice and make overtures to the council.

I find that extremely strange. How could Carlos be sent by McCoy to inform Harry of the peace talk but then be oblivious to the fact that this would set Harry up for failure when the council takes it's vote?
Could be that Carlos lied.  It could be a continuity error caused when Butcher split the book or it could be early mirror mirror hijinks. I like Carlos lied.  But time travel of some type is right in there vying for attention.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2021, 07:02:22 AM »

IIRC Carlos indeed said that McCoy sent him to inform Harry about the peace talks. Just to inform him.
On the other hand Carlos had free choice as chief of security about who to add to his team, and he chose Harry.
So no lie there. And no forgotten knowledge.
Just some odd thought, that McCoy shouldn't have been surprised by Carlos' choice. But on the other hand, maybe he was surprised, because he knew how Carlos thought about Harry.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2021, 01:43:31 PM »
IIRC Carlos indeed said that McCoy sent him to inform Harry about the peace talks. Just to inform him.
On the other hand Carlos had free choice as chief of security about who to add to his team, and he chose Harry.
So no lie there. And no forgotten knowledge.
Just some odd thought, that McCoy shouldn't have been surprised by Carlos' choice. But on the other hand, maybe he was surprised, because he knew how Carlos thought about Harry.
  And shortly after this scene, while Maggie and Bonnie are fixing breakfast McCoy shows up, upset and begging Harry almost to return to headquarters to politic the Council to remain in it.  However in that rant, McCoy doesn't give any information as to who or why.. In fairness he was thrown a curve ball by the presence of Thomas, then the news Harry then broke to him about Thomas.. It all went downhill from there.  However one has to ask, was McCoy in the loop or out of the loop as far as the orders for Carlos to plant that tracking device on Harry?  I'd say out, because you'd think he would have warned Harry about that, or if he was in, he was prevented from warning him.. Or more troubling, McCoy doesn't totally disbelieve the rumors surrounding Harry and actually thought the tracking device would help not hurt Harry's case.