Author Topic: How did “Evil Bob” survive his creation?  (Read 3266 times)

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
Re: How did “Evil Bob” survive his creation?
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2021, 12:32:44 AM »
Evil Bob could have easily gotten shelter in the NN.  He doesn't even need to cross Lea's garden if he leaves Harry's house before sunrise and crosses over somewhere else.

Also, creating a demesne in the NN probably doesn't take a lot of oomph.  Mortals do it when they dream.  Evil Bob isn't a weak spirit by any means, anyway. 
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2021, 12:14:15 AM »
Seriously.  Ghost Story established that spirits need a shielded vessel or sanctum to survive sunrise.  “Evil Bob” doesn’t have one.  The NN attached to Harry’s apartment was Lea’s garden… how did he survive the first day after his creation?
point of fact... I don't think he did. Like, literally. He's the ghost of the personality that Bob destroyed when he finally lopped off that bit. Funny idea isn't it? A spirit's ghost.
Though as they said, he crosses over to the NN for sunrise. Which is I assume how corpse taker survived as a ghost for so long?

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2021, 05:06:02 AM »
point of fact... I don't think he did. Like, literally. He's the ghost of the personality that Bob destroyed when he finally lopped off that bit. Funny idea isn't it? A spirit's ghost.
Though as they said, he crosses over to the NN for sunrise. Which is I assume how corpse taker survived as a ghost for so long?
Actually the answer is in Ghost story.

But how would it get a setup of its own without physical help to establish it? If it was strong enough, I supposed, it could have a demesne of its own in the Nevernever—the spirit world. I’d dealt with a ghost named Agatha Hagglethorn once, and she’d had her own little pocket dimension filled with a Victorian-era copy of Chicago.

Harry goes on about how he could make one for himself. Evil Bob is a strong spirit.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2021, 05:33:46 AM »
Actually the answer is in Ghost story.

Harry goes on about how he could make one for himself. Evil Bob is a strong spirit.
actually, that's just what I said, plus a theory about his existence not addressed, so how is this different? 🤔

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2021, 07:59:20 AM »
actually, that's just what I said, plus a theory about his existence not addressed, so how is this different? 🤔
The quote. I just wondered why we did not get that one earlier.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline SerScot

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2021, 02:31:38 PM »

Now… that’s interesting.  Someone should ask Butcher at his next open mic event.
"Maybe there will be a laundry emergency at the Carpenter house, and Harry shows up with detergent saying, 'I am Harry of the White Council. And I come back to you now at the turn of the TideTM.'" -  Vairelome 9/25/2011

Mab =/= Molly

Malcom =/= KotC