Author Topic: The Leanesdhide’s “New Strength”  (Read 1680 times)

Offline SerScot

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
The Leanesdhide’s “New Strength”
« on: October 22, 2021, 06:11:01 PM »
As Lea is dressing Harry for battle in Changes she mentions matching her “new strength” against the Red Court. 

What “new strength”?

Discuss.
"Maybe there will be a laundry emergency at the Carpenter house, and Harry shows up with detergent saying, 'I am Harry of the White Council. And I come back to you now at the turn of the TideTM.'" -  Vairelome 9/25/2011

Mab =/= Molly

Malcom =/= KotC

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: The Leanesdhide’s “New Strength”
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 08:00:06 PM »
As Lea is dressing Harry for battle in Changes she mentions matching her “new strength” against the Red Court. 

What “new strength”?

Discuss.

It's possible that it had only been a short time since Mab let her out of her ice cure.  She'd beaten Nemesis, so I imagine that would give her a sense of confidence and strength.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 08:28:51 PM »
It's possible that it had only been a short time since Mab let her out of her ice cure.  She'd beaten Nemesis, so I imagine that would give her a sense of confidence and strength.

If anything I'd think it was the opposite, seeing as how she ran to Mab in shame because she was too weak to handle it, and even now she's afraid of what might happen if she merely thinks about it too hard.

My guess is that Mab gave her a power-up to compensate for taking away the Athame, even if it was tainted, to avoid the problems of Faerie obligations and such.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2021, 09:27:57 PM »
She is described as Mab’s second, commanding 5he Battle at the Gates so I wonder if she is currently more powerful than the Winter Lady?. Lea is not part of the Mantles so the balance of power shouldn’t have altered, and Mab wouldn’t have transferred part of her power to Lea.

Power can be transferred at Halloween, so did Mab call in a favour or favours to transfer power to Lea? If so, who gave up some of their power? Obviously someone or several someone’s in Winter.

Why do this? Partly for the Athame but I suspect partly to put Lea beyond Nemesis touch. This would make sense, both Ladies were Nemfected and Lea may have originally been at the same or slightly lower level, so that level is susceptible. Mab now has a second in command powerful enough to resist Nemesis who does not upset the balance between Summer and Winter.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2021, 10:16:43 PM »

Why do this? Partly for the Athame but I suspect partly to put Lea beyond Nemesis touch. This would make sense, both Ladies were Nemfected and Lea may have originally been at the same or slightly lower level, so that level is susceptible. Mab now has a second in command powerful enough to resist Nemesis who does not upset the balance between Summer and Winter.

Lea was infected, that was apparent in Proven Guilty when Harry talked to her when she was in cased in Mab's "ice cure."  One moment she was talking rationally, one minute when Harry tried to free her telling him not to, the next minute totally mad demanding that he free her.  Perhaps like a lot of illnesses if one can beat the infection, one gains immunity?  That would make her a powerful second to Mab, because being immune to Nemesis, Mab could trust her completely.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2021, 04:06:12 AM »
Hmmm...  Interesting.  Harry gained power from joining Winter.  Perhaps it goes both ways.  Maybe Harry's mortal magic is now usable by some of Winter.  If memory serves, she did come in wielding some pretty nasty magic right before Dresden sacrificed Susan. 

Leah also made some sort of deal with Odin.  Maybe he traded her some power?

Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline TrueMonk

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2021, 06:15:42 PM »
It could make sense that Lea got a reward for finally being able to bring Harry to Mab as her knight (although obviously Man also worked on it herself)

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2021, 08:17:51 PM »
Morgana's Athame, I'm assuming that Mab removed the Nemfection.
Quote from: Lea in Summer Knight
During our last encounter I returned to Faerie with great power and upset vital balances. Those balances had to be redressed, and your debt was the mechanism that the Queen chose to employ."
A deal is a deal.