Author Topic: The way Blood on his soul survived?  (Read 4693 times)

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: The way Blood on his soul survived?
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2021, 08:06:00 AM »
The Coins should be nigh indestructible, otherwise you'd think one or two would have gotten the One Ring treatment. Not saying it's easy, but there's been 2000+ years of people trying and 30 Coins.

Of course, destroying a Coin would probably be a bad idea unless your method could also kill the Fallen imprisoned inside. The Spear is the only thing I can think of that would do the trick. Being able to kill anything is it's special power afterall.

i think the Coins are likely indestructible, short of MASSIVE power levels (Uriel, other archangels, the Mothers level. Above even Mab). There are still 30, right? They never got caught in a fire? Most fires won't melt silver... but a lot of chimney fires will. Your stovepipes are rated well above the melting point of silver - roughly 1000K.  No Knight of the Sword, fighting them ever hit a coin with the sword? Those swords cut thru steel doors.. silver is pretty soft.

Nah. The magic of the coin protects it. A bearer could have been next to the Naag Morgan nuked. Coin might be too hot to touch for a few years after the blast, but the coin would have survived.

Offline TrueMonk

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2021, 06:08:04 PM »
Well the eye could kill Uriel if he for some reason chose to let himself be hit (woj). So guess blasting a coin with the eye has a pretty good shot.

The problem is of course if you for some reason only manage to destroy the coin and have now freed the fallen.

Offline Basil

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2021, 05:22:00 PM »
Yeah, the Genoskwa surviving really doesn't make sense.  The Earth Magic thing doesn't make sense either because he was killed in a cave, yes -- but specifically in the Ice Cave.  I know that Forest People are a lot tougher than humans, but he was literally pasted. 

Why wouldn't he have come for Harry by now? It's not like everyone in the weird-side does not know where Harry lives.  Harry might be the easiest wizard in the world to find.  One need only find the nearest Burger King near the Svart-elf compound. 

Offline TrueMonk

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2021, 08:32:50 PM »
One reason could be that while he got out he is still pretty wasted. Surviving something and being able to make an appearance somewhere is not the same as being in shape for at fight. Maybe he will be by the wrestling book :-O

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2021, 10:30:10 PM »
i think the Coins are likely indestructible, short of MASSIVE power levels (Uriel, other archangels, the Mothers level. Above even Mab). There are still 30, right? They never got caught in a fire? Most fires won't melt silver... but a lot of chimney fires will. Your stovepipes are rated well above the melting point of silver - roughly 1000K.  No Knight of the Sword, fighting them ever hit a coin with the sword? Those swords cut thru steel doors.. silver is pretty soft.

Nah. The magic of the coin protects it. A bearer could have been next to the Naag Morgan nuked. Coin might be too hot to touch for a few years after the blast, but the coin would have survived.
all that generally happens in the real world that has specific rules. Hades domain probably doesn't have a greater authority than his own, so if he makes a smashing trap and doesn't specify"the coins cannot be smashed", not sure if it could or could not actually do so. I'm pretty sure the coin's cannot be destroyed specifically because of divine mandate (like, Lucifer and TWG coincidentally colluded to make it so, as opposed to something Lucifer did when trapping them)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2021, 04:07:08 AM »
all that generally happens in the real world that has specific rules. Hades domain probably doesn't have a greater authority than his own, so if he makes a smashing trap and doesn't specify"the coins cannot be smashed", not sure if it could or could not actually do so. I'm pretty sure the coin's cannot be destroyed specifically because of divine mandate (like, Lucifer and TWG coincidentally colluded to make it so, as opposed to something Lucifer did when trapping them)

Yeah pretty sure if an Archangel (fallen or otherwise) creates something that contains an angel, destroying it would be near impossible I think.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2021, 04:38:15 AM »
Yeah pretty sure if an Archangel (fallen or otherwise) creates something that contains an angel, destroying it would be near impossible I think.
why? By what set of rules? The swords contain angels, they can break very easily under the right circumstances. Don't suppose the coins are any different in that regard. Which means it's never a barrier of power, but of synchronicity. Ideal circumstances, correct sequence, ect. Again assuming those things are still set in stone outside of reality itself.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2021, 06:44:41 PM »
why? By what set of rules? The swords contain angels, they can break very easily under the right circumstances. Don't suppose the coins are any different in that regard. Which means it's never a barrier of power, but of synchronicity. Ideal circumstances, correct sequence, ect. Again assuming those things are still set in stone outside of reality itself.

Yes, the Swords can break, but unmaking them is another matter, it takes quite a lot to do that.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2021, 12:08:06 AM »
Yes, the Swords can break, but unmaking them is another matter, it takes quite a lot to do that.
but it is doable, it just requires specific circumstances.