Author Topic: Lacuna  (Read 3355 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Lacuna
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2021, 09:30:59 PM »

Toot could build her her own castle from a mastodon tooth.. ;)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2021, 05:50:42 AM »
She is currently nearly 2 feet plus in height and is likely taller still following Battle Ground. The more prestige the Little Folk get the larger they get, so Toot, after the show of force in the Castle, the aerial defence and his defeat of Mavra indicates he is now probably 7 foot 2 inches. As Lacuna kept up in size she can probably now play for the WNBA. It’s a good thing that Murphy didn’t survive having the ‘Little Folk’ tower over her.

More serious I suspect Toot and Lacuna may be close to Maggies height in Next Book. It would be fun (but not for Harry) having to deal with a Tween Toot And Lacuna.

A Mastodons tooth isn’t going to cut it, not anymore.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2021, 10:40:48 AM »
Of course today is the worst day in the Tooth Fairy Calendar, Halloween, the day designed to ruin young children’s teeth BEFORE the Tooth Fairies can get their hands on them.

Basically if your child comes back with a new toothbrush in their goody bag, and only sugar free candy, you know Lacuna is out and about.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2021, 04:35:30 PM »
She is currently nearly 2 feet plus in height and is likely taller still following Battle Ground. The more prestige the Little Folk get the larger they get, so Toot, after the show of force in the Castle, the aerial defence and his defeat of Mavra indicates he is now probably 7 foot 2 inches. As Lacuna kept up in size she can probably now play for the WNBA. It’s a good thing that Murphy didn’t survive having the ‘Little Folk’ tower over her.

More serious I suspect Toot and Lacuna may be close to Maggies height in Next Book. It would be fun (but not for Harry) having to deal with a Tween Toot And Lacuna.

A Mastodons tooth isn’t going to cut it, not anymore.

Is Lacuna that big now?  I know that Toot has gotten a lot bigger, but I cannot remember where it says that Lacuna has..

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2021, 05:56:07 PM »
She is just shorter than Toot in BG (his second in command) and the rest of the Za Guard just a bit shorter than her. Everyone else is auxiliaries so not quite the same dramatic increase in height.

Thinking on it Mab’s previous personal guard got iced in the attack on Arctis Tor, and the Za Guard are referred to as the Royal Guard in the Good People so have they replaced them under Harry? If so given that they are using the IP of Pizza s’Press Mab had better bought the chain and handed it over to Harry to balance out the large number of Small Folk he brought into Winter and their undoubted prowess in BG. He needs to revise for his warriors and billing Marcone for the Pizza just won’t cut it.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2021, 05:19:32 AM »

I always thought that they referred to themselves as a "royal guard" because they consider Harry not just their "lord" but their "king" as well.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2021, 09:52:00 PM »
Only a Burger King, and the Little Folk do not respect burgers.

Harry owes fealty to Mab and the Za Guard fealty to Harry, he is their Lord not their king.

Mab has paid for their armour and livery, therefore adopting them formally into the military structure of Winter, through the offices of the Winter Knight. Harry reports directly to Mab and is her principal enforcer.Toot is now recognised as Harry’s subordinate, no one but the Queens can order Harry around, and the same applies to Toot, not Lea, not Kringle.

They therefore perform a similar function as the Household Cavalry or one of the other ceremonial units in the UK military protecting the Queen.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2021, 01:14:19 AM »
I just realised that the reason Lacuna is always in bad mood is because she always has low blood sugar.