Author Topic: Two thoughts on the timing of Mab's wedding announcement.  (Read 5074 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Re: Two thoughts on the timing of Mab's wedding announcement.
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2021, 08:00:57 PM »
Mab refers to a "fusion of bloodlines" in announcing her decision to marry Harry to Lara. This seems strange considering that the Raith and McCoy bloodlines are already fused in the persons of Thomas and his unborn child.

Perhaps the fusion is that a male from Raith, and female from McCoy were joined, and now a male from McCoy and a female from Raith will be joined.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2021, 05:50:49 PM »
Perhaps the fusion is that a male from Raith, and female from McCoy were joined, and now a male from McCoy and a female from Raith will be joined.
And a few generations down the line, poof, Kwisatz Haderach ;)

Offline Basil

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2021, 02:32:17 AM »
My personal theory is actually that the Whamp females are infertile.  We've never seen any mention of any children of a White Vampire Woman.  Vittorio is described once as Cheserea's son, but in several other places as his aunt. 

In any event, I think Mab sees Lara as a potential replacement for Mab.  This is why she wants Harry to take out Molly if something happens to Mab.  Molly is nowhere near ready to be Mab.  Lara, on the other hand, has shown herself capable of the ruthless pragmatism and icy cold logic that Mab sees as her mode of operation. Moreover, Lara has through skill, manipulation and personal power survived for centuries and shown herself to be the strongest of the White Court -- not a negligible accomplishment.   

Offline Cozarkian

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2021, 03:09:15 AM »
My personal theory is actually that the Whamp females are infertile.  We've never seen any mention of any children of a White Vampire Woman.  Vittorio is described once as Cheserea's son, but in several other places as his aunt. 

That makes some sense, if an unborn wampire feeds on the mother, its quite possible a pregnant wampire would subconsciously feed on a fetus, killing it before the wampire even knows she's pregnant.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2021, 10:14:18 AM »
That makes some sense, if an unborn wampire feeds on the mother, its quite possible a pregnant wampire would subconsciously feed on a fetus, killing it before the wampire even knows she's pregnant.
But it is not only the mother that wants to procreate, it is also the demon because I think it can easily prevent pregnancy if it does not want it.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]