Author Topic: A reason Dresden was kicked from the White Council  (Read 6303 times)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: A reason Dresden was kicked from the White Council
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2021, 11:51:14 AM »
Harry is actually a bit of a science nerd and argues in D & D about the incorrect use of fire. A physical manifestation of energy in the real world still obeys the law of physics and Harry knows this, personally as it nearly cost him a hand.

Harry already has his spell for generating an intense burning ball of light energy, he just needs to figure out how to make that coherent and directional hence the blasting rod.

Really what Harry needs to do is to make a blasting rod capable of emitting energy tuneable across the electromagnetic spectrum and coherently in the x-ray or ultraviolet spectrum. An X-ray laser requires a nuclear bomb to pump it up, I suspect the Eye was in fact a portable X-Ray laser generator pumped by magic and hate. Harry wouldn’t be able to generate anything like that power, but I suspect it might get through Eb’s shield.

Fun fact the US Military have a project exploring x-ray lasers it’s called Project Excalibur. Nice coincidence.

Being able to generate microwaves would also be of benefit, he can’t use a conventional microwave oven.

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2021, 03:01:09 AM »
IIRC his argument on fire and D&D is that the OLD versions I played, a fireball was a 20 foot radius sphere. If it was cast into a small room of relatively noncombustible walls and ceiling and floor (like a stone dungeon) it would squirt out any openings (doors etc) like a pressure wave. When he was playing they stood just outside the radius - knowing it would only come 20' - any fire that would have been redirected in the old days was ignored. Harry thought the fire should be funneled out. Real life analogy - if you set off a pistol cartridge outside the breech, the bullet goes SOMEWHAT forward, but not NEARLY as fast or far as if the explosion was contained and directed down the barrel. 

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2021, 10:09:00 PM »
Fear. Fear of what has done. Fear of what he may be.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?