Author Topic: Wedding day ideas  (Read 5408 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Wedding day ideas
« on: September 26, 2021, 05:06:44 AM »
Location?  Guests?  Harry's best man? 

I'm thinking it will be a Winter Wedding.  I'm thinking it's going to be a very big deal.  Mother Winter will even be there.  Kringle conducts the service.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 05:14:57 AM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
Re: Who will be Harry's best man?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2021, 05:14:51 AM »
Hmm, probably Butters unless Thomas is available for best man.

As far as guests, I'd imagine it'd be a who's who along the lines of Bianca's masquerade.
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Who will be Harry's best man?
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2021, 05:16:46 AM »
Hmm, probably Butters unless Thomas is available for best man.

As far as guests, I'd imagine it'd be a who's who along the lines of Bianca's masquerade.

Yeah.  I think River Shoulders maybe.  On the other hand there might be a need for a KoTC to be there.....
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Wedding day ideas
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2021, 05:20:51 AM »
Not Butters. Thomas, if he is free - but he likely would not be. Harry knows it is his brother, but the bride's brother as a best man looks good too.

Thomas still in jail? Michael Carpenter. He won't like the vamps, but he will Harry's back. He did at Bianca's.

Wamps galore, and a bunch of Winters.  The Carpenters, and the Werewolves.

Now, I know you usually give away the BRIDE, but in effect isn't Mab giving Harry away?

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2021, 05:31:18 AM »
Not Butters. Thomas, if he is free - but he likely would not be. Harry knows it is his brother, but the bride's brother as a best man looks good too.

Thomas still in jail? Michael Carpenter. He won't like the vamps, but he will Harry's back. He did at Bianca's.

Wamps galore, and a bunch of Winters.  The Carpenters, and the Werewolves.

Now, I know you usually give away the BRIDE, but in effect isn't Mab giving Harry away?

My opinion is Mab will want this to appear much like fantasy type wedding (think Cinderella).  It's a kind of royal wedding with Harry (Knight) representing Winter, and Lara being a type of princess.  So I think it will be more old fashioned. 

I think Thomas might be out by then.  He will be the one to give away Lara as Lord Raith I think will be too damaged to do it.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 05:33:26 AM by groinkick »

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2021, 05:35:15 AM »
I'm also wondering if this will be an event where gifts are exchanged (like Bianca's ball).  The White Court will present a gift of value to Winter, and Harry will be charged with finding a gift of equal value.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 05:37:21 AM by groinkick »

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2021, 05:38:07 AM »
I'm also wondering if this will be an event where gifts are exchanged (like Bianca's ball).
Not much of a wedding without wedding gifts  ;D

Although, probably not ones like Bianca gave.

My opinion is Mab will want this to appear much like fantasy type wedding (think Cinderella).  It's a kind of royal wedding with Harry (Knight) representing Winter, and Lara being a type of princess.  So I think it will be more old fashioned. 

I think Thomas might be out by then.  He will be the one to give away Lara as Lord Raith I think will be too damaged to do it.
Yeah, it's an old school noble wedding.  Either don't forget to invite Maleficent or else burn all the spinning wheels.
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2021, 01:53:10 PM »
Mab said it'd be a year, and the book is currently named twelve months. So it'll likely be the anniversary of their victory, or the day after. So when was BG?

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2021, 01:55:19 PM »

Eh, if Lord Raith is too poorly to partake in his daughter's wedding, I think Lara's position kinda falls apart. All he has to do is walk...

Also, as old school weddings go, I wonder if the challenging aspect of the best man needs to be taken into account -as in, be in charge of helping Harry deal with challenges to his bosition. In which case Will the Alpha or of course Butters seem like more useful choices, while for a more modern organisational/mental support, Michael makes sense.

Also Harry's daughter will be there, but she has Mouse... still, I can imagine Harry assigning Michael to keep his daughter safe (in the polite sense, and Mouse for the violence) while going into danger with Will.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2021, 05:29:11 PM »

Bob..

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2021, 06:12:25 PM »
Minister: Father Forthill
Groom: Harry Dresden
Bride: Lara Raith
Best Man: Michael Carpenter
Maid of Honor: Inari Raith
Groomsmen: Thomas Raith, Waldo Butters, Mouse
Bridesmaids: Elisa Raith, Natalia Raith, Felicia Raith
Ushers: Toot, Lacuna, Za Lord's Guard
Father of the Bride, Dance: Lord Raith
Godmother of the Groom, Dance: Leanansidhe
Venue: Dresden Castle, Grand Hall
Host: Mister, Lord of Dresden Castle

Guests:
Queen Molly
Queen Sarissa
Knight Fix
The Alphas
Charity Carpenter
Maggie Dresden
Representatives of the other Raith houses
John Marcone
Sigrun Gard

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2021, 06:26:09 PM »
Groomsmen would be Thomas Raith, Butters and Sanya (prefiguring Thomas for the Sword). Precisely to make the other guests nervous.

Michael Carpenter organises the Stag Do. Everyone is in bed (the correct bed) by 8:00 pm, and sober with the only tassels they have seen on the cushions in the tea shop Michael hired for the event.

It’s a political event, so most of the Accorded Nations will be there. Think a Royal Wedding where Heads of State and Government are invited.

The Za Guard will be at the Kiddies Table, right next to the Pizza Buffet.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2021, 08:00:00 PM »
Yeah, it's an old school noble wedding.  Either don't forget to invite Maleficent or else burn all the spinning wheels.

Not to worry, the closest equivalent to Maleficent is the one ordering the ceremony, pretty sure she's automatically invited.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2021, 11:22:34 PM »
Not to worry, the closest equivalent to Maleficent is the one ordering the ceremony, pretty sure she's automatically invited.

What about Titania? 

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2021, 01:10:18 AM »
It’s a political event, so most of the Accorded Nations will be there. Think a Royal Wedding where Heads of State and Government are invited.
I'm not entirely sure about that.
  • The White Council could boycott because Harry is persona-non-grata (and his two closest relationships are seriously pissed about him being friendly with Lara).
  • The Svartalves are likely still not pleased about the assassination attempt and subsequent kidnapping of the attacker, by the two people getting married no less.
  • The ghouls don't like Harry any more than he likes them.
  • The Denarians seem to be out after their SmF betrayal, and they wouldn't show anyway after Harry's involvement with Deirdre's death and Nico's loss of standing.
  • I don't see the Erlking caring for such things. I imagine he shows up only for what he has to.
  • Same for Ferrovax.
  • Marcone will show up even though he wouldn't want to. He can't let an event like that happen in his town without being a part. Especially if he wants to make sure he doesn't start getting cut out now that Mab knows about the coin.

So I think it'll be Winter/White/Summer Courts, plus River and maybe Vadderung if he's got nothing better to do, and Marcone out of necessity.