Author Topic: Hell's Bells - Nick vs John  (Read 1253 times)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Hell's Bells - Nick vs John
« on: September 22, 2021, 03:48:21 AM »
My current assumption is that the Big Apocalyptic Trilogy will be three different apocalypse stories falling one after the other, with the second being a Biblical apocalypse with hellions being unleashed.

My other assumption has been that Nicodemus will kick it off.

But now I'm wondering. Is there a chance he doesn't make it to the BAT. Does his feud with Marcone end with him dead, Marcone in possession of the noose and a majority of the coins, and in charge of the apocalypse plans?

Or does Nicodemus make it to Hell's Bells, kick things off, but die in the process, and Marcone grabs the noose when opportunity presents itself?

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
Re: Hell's Bells - Nick vs John
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 04:25:05 AM »
Original plan was to have twenty case files then cap it off with the BAT. Note that twenty is a multiple of five like the other Denarian books. My guess is that Nicodemus’s revenge plan against Harry/Mab/Marcone is how the BAT gets kicked off. Without Deirdre, he’s ready to take risks if not go against reality altogether. Up to this point, I think Skin Game was him preparing for what he’s expecting on the horizon.
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 05:35:43 AM »
Interesting.  I wonder if it's more like Nicodemus loses the Noose in a fight with Harry.  Harry turns to see Marcone put it on.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline LostInTime

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 02:28:54 PM »
The nickelheads will be back in book 20. And 25, the new book count, is also evenly divisible by 5. 5x5 is a better harmonic of the 5 pointed star in a circle that Harry wears.

Book 25 will be Empty Night, and Nicodemus and Nemesis have both said "apocalypse is a state of mind" I wouldn't be surprised if Nic shows up in Empty Night. The only question is he going to be on team Nemesis or team Reality?
The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog.