Author Topic: True Love's Protection  (Read 1199 times)

Online Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
True Love's Protection
« on: August 26, 2021, 04:42:19 PM »

We know from White Night that Harry was still protected by his love for Susan.  We know because it burned Lara's lips and she was shocked that Harry hadn't been with a woman sexually since Grave Peril or three or four years.  So, I think most here would agree that Harry's love for Murphy was true, so is he not still protected from Lara?   So.....

1] Is Mab aware of this and banking on her Knight being protected from Lara?
     Is she playing a little three dimensional chess to tie up Lara politically at her Knight's expense?
   2] Does the protection continue if the object of the true love is dead?
   3]  If it does continue, will Harry be unfaithful so he can have sex with Lara?

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: True Love's Protection
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2021, 06:47:22 PM »
We know that Harry's love for Murphy was true because it burned Lara when in PT as they were stripping to go down the laundry chute.

I'm sure Mab is aware. She wouldn't miss details like Lara wearing gloves to give the castle keys to Harry. She's not counting on that protection though, she could care less if they consummate the marriage as long as the alliance goes through. If it does have to be consummated for "reasons" then she's counting on Harry, Lara and Molly(I'd say this is part of the arrangements but that is debatable) to work something out.

I'm sure Lara knows if the protection continues after Murphy's death. It's bound to have come up before.

It's not unfaithful to move on a year after Murphy's death. Harry has a stronger than normal libido due to the Winter Knight Mantle and will have plenty of offers and opportunities. A one night stand or even a short term relationship would be the simplest way to resolve the dilemma, but Jim won't resolve that plot point without some handwringing. After all, losing the protection would place Harry in more danger.

The real twist would be if they fall for each other after facing a year of adversity. It makes Harry's life more complicated and passes the Harry's love interest doom flag to Lara. 

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: True Love's Protection
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2021, 03:50:52 AM »
If it does have to be consummated for "reasons" then she's counting on Harry, Lara and Molly(I'd say this is part of the arrangements but that is debatable) to work something out.

Full body condom - like the rubber suit Justine wore at Zero, with a sheath extending out..... in extra extra long ......

(Because he's 6'9", remember???)