Author Topic: Anduriel's One Line  (Read 2438 times)

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Anduriel's One Line
« on: August 23, 2021, 06:48:51 AM »
So SKin Game Michael is trying to redeem Nicodemus. I have a headcannon Anduriels one line to pevent Nicodemuss redemption.

"He Thinks He Knows Faith"

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Re: Anduriel's One Line
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 03:22:08 AM »
So SKin Game Michael is trying to redeem Nicodemus. I have a headcannon Anduriels one line to pevent Nicodemuss redemption.

"He Thinks He Knows Faith"

Interesting.  What makes you think that?
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 03:39:41 AM »
That's what the Knights of the Cross are meant to do.  Save the Denarians if possible, and protect their victims.  Nicodemus is human and has a chance at redemption if he chooses to take it.
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 03:41:20 AM »
That's what the Knights of the Cross are meant to do.  Save the Denarians if possible, and protect their victims.  Nicodemus is human and has a chance at redemption if he chooses to take it.

No I was asking what makes Con believe that Anduriel used those words.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2021, 03:41:39 AM »
No I was asking what makes Con believe that Anduriel used those words.
Ah, I misunderstood.
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2021, 06:24:52 AM »

It's more of a fan fiction than a fan theory, but basically because Nicodemus response to Michael was that Nicodemus had more purer faith than Michael ever could. Nicodemus had to lie to himself about something being worth killing his own daughter. His Faith.

The One Line is supposed to trigger that response.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2021, 07:06:17 AM »
It's more of a fan fiction than a fan theory, but basically because Nicodemus response to Michael was that Nicodemus had more purer faith than Michael ever could. Nicodemus had to lie to himself about something being worth killing his own daughter. His Faith.

The One Line is supposed to trigger that response.

Oh I get it.  "He thinks he knows faith", because Nicodemus who was willing to kill his own child (Whom he loved I guess?) did so because of Faith.

I wonder if his actions were supposed to be a parallel with the Bible story where the father was ordered to kill his son, and then God stopped him at the last moment?  A test of his faith?  (I don't really know the story)

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2021, 03:39:38 AM »
Abraham was told to present his son Isaac as a sacrifice. An Angel stopped him and a ram was used instead.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2021, 04:45:13 PM »
Abraham was told to present his son Isaac as a sacrifice. An Angel stopped him and a ram was used instead.

Yeah, and Andruiel and his boss could care less about human life as long as they achieve their goals.  That is a difference between those who have fallen and those who have not... I wonder if Nic will begin to ask questions to that effect?

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2021, 05:06:59 AM »
Maybe. I  haven't really worked this out. Groinkick said he only had some of the Biblical story, I was just filling in the specifics.

Hmmmm... it may be a coincidence... but isn't Abraham just about the last major figure where Christianity, Judaism, and Islam essentially (though not entirely) agree on his role? The Twelve Tribes of Israel are from his son Isaac, the Arab tribes from his son Ishmael.... 

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2021, 05:34:05 AM »
Maybe. I  haven't really worked this out. Groinkick said he only had some of the Biblical story, I was just filling in the specifics.

Hmmmm... it may be a coincidence... but isn't Abraham just about the last major figure where Christianity, Judaism, and Islam essentially (though not entirely) agree on his role? The Twelve Tribes of Israel are from his son Isaac, the Arab tribes from his son Ishmael....

Not quite they all generally agree on Moses who was a thousand years later give or take.

But yeah the Abraham sacrificing his son story has occurred to me over the years as well as an interesting parallel to Nicodemus.

Hell it probably occurred to Nicodemus himself, tried to find comfort in that unlike Abraham he was willing to go through with it for his faith.

No doubt fed to him through Anduriel.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2021, 06:59:44 AM »
Not quite they all generally agree on Moses who was a thousand years later give or take.

But yeah the Abraham sacrificing his son story has occurred to me over the years as well as an interesting parallel to Nicodemus.

Hell it probably occurred to Nicodemus himself, tried to find comfort in that unlike Abraham he was willing to go through with it for his faith.

No doubt fed to him through Anduriel.

"Abraham shows his obedience to the Lord, but an angel tells him to stop"  So he was going to do it, but God didn't want him to actually do it.  Nicodemus on the other hand did follow through with it because his master wanted the sacrifice to take place.  I think this is supposed to be a parallel between who Michael serves, and who Nicodemus serves.