Author Topic: So are the Svartalves going to be at war with the White Court?  (Read 6233 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Thomas attempted to murder their leader.  He's missing, and at large.  He's close to a Harry Dresden who will now be marrying his sister.  I have to imagine that the Svartalves see this as an attempt by the White Court to assassinate their leader, and they are now protecting Thomas with the help of the exiled wizard Dresden.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
Re: So are the Svartalves going to be at war with the White Court?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2021, 06:11:56 AM »
Politically speaking, right now the White Court can disavow Thomas safely.  So, the svartalves are allowed to kill him under the Accords... if they could find him.  Marcone had custody of him last, so the svartalves might have a legitimate beef with him, but there are probably monetary options for smoothing that over in the Accords.  To go after Harry overtly, they'd need to prove that Harry stole Thomas.

Harry definitely burned his bridges with the svartalves, but I don't think we're looking at open war right now.  The short stories post BG didn't seem like it either.
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2021, 06:19:09 AM »
Thomas attempted to murder their leader.  He's missing, and at large.  He's close to a Harry Dresden who will now be marrying his sister.  I have to imagine that the Svartalves see this as an attempt by the White Court to assassinate their leader, and they are now protecting Thomas with the help of the exiled wizard Dresden.

I think the Svartalves are smart enough to realise the timing of Thomas assassination was right before Ethniu and the Fomor attack there by sowing discontent among the Accorded Nations.

There passive aggressive way of denying Harry Molly's apartment is the most that will come of it. I doubt they'll be friendly with the White Court but I equally doubt there'll be an all out war over it.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2021, 06:24:31 AM »
I think the Svartalves are smart enough to realise the timing of Thomas assassination was right before Ethniu and the Fomor attack there by sowing discontent among the Accorded Nations.

There passive aggressive way of denying Harry Molly's apartment is the most that will come of it. I doubt they'll be friendly with the White Court but I equally doubt there'll be an all out war over it.

Wondering if any of those assassination attempts in Twelve Months will put on by the Svartalves.  Might not go to war but I could see them putting out a hit.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2021, 06:48:28 AM »
Could be.  Where did we learn about assassination attempts in Twelve Months?  I've been out of the interview loop a bit.
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2021, 08:34:45 AM »
They went from glaring at Harry on sight to lying to help him corner Marcone at the meeting so I'd say that Harry cleared that up offscreen.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2021, 10:09:00 AM »
They went from glaring at Harry on sight to lying to help him corner Marcone at the meeting so I'd say that Harry cleared that up offscreen.

Yes, I'd agree, at some point he must of told them that he has Thomas locked up, or more likely Mab did.

Offline EBRIEN

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2021, 07:51:55 PM »
The short stories post BG didn't seem like it either.

Ummm...What? Are there some short stories floating around post BG that haven't been shared with the public?

Offline Basil

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2021, 09:02:21 PM »

Or, perhaps they are terrified of Harry given what he did to Ethniu.

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2021, 10:06:22 PM »
Ummm...What? Are there some short stories floating around post BG that haven't been shared with the public?
There are some microfictions posted on Jim's website. Microfictions here
They're short and character driven.

Offline EBRIEN

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2021, 01:36:23 AM »
There are some microfictions posted on Jim's website. Microfictions here
They're short and character driven.

Thanks! I remember reading these, but looks like I need to do a reread.

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2021, 03:07:02 AM »
Yes, I'd agree, at some point he must of told them that he has Thomas locked up, or more likely Mab did.

I mean yeah tbf being locked u in Demonreach might be considered a more just punishment and compromise from the Svartalves White Court relations perspective.

Like being sent to the Night's Watch.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2021, 12:13:21 PM »
I mean yeah tbf being locked u in Demonreach might be considered a more just punishment and compromise from the Svartalves White Court relations perspective.

Like being sent to the Night's Watch.

Actually a bit better solution, because the Svartalves have no interest in further dividing the Accords considering that they all more or less officially at war now with the Fomor..  Sending Jon Snow to the Night Watch was a real cop out.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2021, 08:03:23 PM »
Also don't the Svartelves say that they don't want to bother punishing the Tool, which is why that twit Listens the hypercompetent mook is still alive after Bombshells?

If Harry explained to them Thomas was being blackmailed then they might've just decided he wasn't the one ultimately responsible and let it drop.

Offline Gman

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2021, 08:10:14 PM »
Also don't the Svartelves say that they don't want to bother punishing the Tool, which is why that twit Listens the hypercompetent mook is still alive after Bombshells?

If Harry explained to them Thomas was being blackmailed then they might've just decided he wasn't the one ultimately responsible and let it drop.
I agree. Molly has good relations with the Svartelves and may have told them about Nemesis. Harry also did some serious smacking on the Fomor and is pretty scary.