Author Topic: Mab's word play about the White Court  (Read 6530 times)

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Mab's word play about the White Court
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2021, 12:46:50 AM »
* Although... Mab has a habit of putting Harry in tight spaces with things she believes could be comprised too..

Justine's infection was probably either from when she was a prisoner at Bianca's, or from someone in the white court. I'm not sure what motive there would be to infect someone they were intending for Susan to kill to complete her transformation ... so, perhaps Mab is playing the odds and throwing a grenade into the nest to flush out the other Nemfected who turned Justine.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2021, 02:10:29 AM »
Justine's infection was probably either from when she was a prisoner at Bianca's, or from someone in the white court. I'm not sure what motive there would be to infect someone they were intending for Susan to kill to complete her transformation ... so, perhaps Mab is playing the odds and throwing a grenade into the nest to flush out the other Nemfected who turned Justine.

Perhaps it was Lord Raith who saw to it that she was infected.  If I remember correctly he was behind her being "food" for Thomas, maybe to eventually kill him.  Speaking of Bianca, interesting that both Susan and Justine were her prisoner, the Reds half turned Susan, but not Justine, nor did they eat her..  Could she already have been infected thus protected by HWWB?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 02:15:10 AM by Mira »

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2021, 03:09:40 AM »
Familiarity breeds contempt. Murphy had always been there.  Lara is an interloper.

This is true but there may be another reason.  Molly even without the Winter Mantle could live for centuries, just like Harry.  Murphy, even if reaching her 80's would still leave Molly, and Harry young as wizards.  So Molly could let Harry, and Murphy have a happy relationship, and then be there for Harry when Murphy was gone.  Not the case with Lara.  Not sure if this is why she's mad, but it would make some sense.

On the other hand she may be aware that Mab is using Lara's sex to fire up the Winter Mantle that Harry always pushes away.  Molly knows it's another way for Mab to get Harry to accept the Mantle.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2021, 03:29:53 AM »
Perhaps it was Lord Raith who saw to it that she was infected.  If I remember correctly he was behind her being "food" for Thomas, maybe to eventually kill him.  Speaking of Bianca, interesting that both Susan and Justine were her prisoner, the Reds half turned Susan, but not Justine, nor did they eat her..  Could she already have been infected thus protected by HWWB?
🤔😳 in that case she was supposed to die to Thomas though, which the only logical reasoning for that is if it'd have had made Thomas the new host. I've wondered if Thomas wasn't targeted at other times too.. like what shagnasty did to him, and the possibility it now never happened.(time shenanigans!)

On the Lara vs Molly thing.. I kinda think Mabs intentionally pushing that button knowing something will happen. Early on it appears the lady and knight work closely together, but Harry and Molly haven't really done that. I suspect the knight and lady play a different role to each other and Mabs throwing in a bit of chaos to see what comes of it.
** Wait, wait... This is Mab we're talking about. She's doing at LEAST three of these things at once.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 05:06:31 AM by The_Sibelis »

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2021, 01:44:54 PM »
On the Lara vs Molly thing.. I kinda think Mabs intentionally pushing that button knowing something will happen. Early on it appears the lady and knight work closely together, but Harry and Molly haven't really done that. I suspect the knight and lady play a different role to each other and Mabs throwing in a bit of chaos to see what comes of it.
** Wait, wait... This is Mab we're talking about. She's doing at LEAST three of these things at once.

I totally doubt that Mab is throwing a bit of chaos to see what comes of it.  For this reason if no other, she knows that they are close to the BAT, she knows what Harry is, the last thing she'd want to do is jeopardize the defense of the Gates and the defense of the world she is charged with.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2021, 03:02:43 PM »
Now that I've reread it, Beside says a couple of years, but his time sense seems to be temporally fluid.  Maybe Cold Days? The boys were in town and they got Cat Sith. ??????

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2021, 06:19:03 PM »
Now that I've reread it, Beside says a couple of years, but his time sense seems to be temporally fluid.  Maybe Cold Days? The boys were in town and they got Cat Sith. ??????

Yeah, but Lea got the infected Knife in Grave Peril..  Aurora got infected at some point before Summer Knight, and before that sixteen year old Harry battled He Who Walks Behind..  Oh and Madge also called him up in Blood Rites.. So they have been around for some time, quietly doing their thing..  We don't know how they are planning their side of the game, Justine could have been infected at anytime.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2021, 07:05:41 PM »
Molly genuinely cares for Harry and Lara is not exactly the right partner for him.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2021, 08:04:50 PM »
I totally doubt that Mab is throwing a bit of chaos to see what comes of it.  For this reason if no other, she knows that they are close to the BAT, she knows what Harry is, the last thing she'd want to do is jeopardize the defense of the Gates and the defense of the world she is charged with.
Mab gambles. It's what she is. The idea she wouldn't risk Harry for her own plans is directly counter to her attitude and behavior.

Offline Gman

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2021, 08:11:46 PM »
Mab also might want to punish Lara for taking some of the minor Fae captive in the past. Harry liberated them later. Don't know if she feels obligated toward them. Remember Mab had Harry really screw over over Nick / Andriel while paying back a favor. Molly loves Harry and does not want him to be married to a WCV who will want to warp his mind and feed on him. It could also give Harry more protection with Lara backing him up as stated by others. I think Lara respects, likes, desires and fears Harry. Mab seems very fond of Harry and protective. I think she needs a starborn wizard WK in the upcoming war with the Outsiders. Mab might also want to help Lara against the next threat that the Outsiders manipulate to weaken factions that can oppose them.

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2021, 08:21:11 PM »
I also think Mab wants a 'handle' on Lara, even disregarding any nefarious desires in Lara's direction. Lara is a rising star, after decades of the WCV's being a passive player. Mab wants to be in on the ground before they become a power that is too big to handle, and Harry's just the guy to keep them from going haywire (remember that other vampire court that got uppity around him?). And if Lara truly is fond of Harry, he also solidifies Mab's alliance.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2021, 08:38:58 PM »
Mab also might want to punish Lara for taking some of the minor Fae captive in the past. Harry liberated them later. Don't know if she feels obligated toward them. Remember Mab had Harry really screw over over Nick / Andriel while paying back a favor. Molly loves Harry and does not want him to be married to a WCV who will want to warp his mind and feed on him. It could also give Harry more protection with Lara backing him up as stated by others. I think Lara respects, likes, desires and fears Harry. Mab seems very fond of Harry and protective. I think she needs a starborn wizard WK in the upcoming war with the Outsiders. Mab might also want to help Lara against the next threat that the Outsiders manipulate to weaken factions that can oppose them.
The were wyldfae at that time.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2021, 04:36:23 PM »
The were wyldfae at that time.
Sure, but Mab and Titania seem to consider wyldfae a bit like the White Council considers humans: not strictly theirs, but they have a vested interest. So you can bargain with one wyldfae, or murder a couple, but when you go after them in job lots, Mab and Titania will take an interest.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2021, 08:01:02 PM »
Harry settled for the Wyld Fae and I suspect Mab would consider it settled from her point of view. Why Lara did it might interest Mab more since it was more or lest a test to see what Mab how restrained Mab was at Arctis Tor at that point.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 12:41:09 AM by morriswalters »

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2021, 10:17:58 PM »
Sure, but Mab and Titania seem to consider wyldfae a bit like the White Council considers humans: not strictly theirs, but they have a vested interest. So you can bargain with one wyldfae, or murder a couple, but when you go after them in job lots, Mab and Titania will take an interest.

But who is the Za'Lord of his own army of wyldfae?  Mab remarks in Summer Knight that it is unusual for anyone to be able to have any kind of control the Fae, even those considered the least like Toot and Company.  Then in Battle Ground Harry freaks out members of the Senior Council because he does have his own effective little army.