Author Topic: Summoning TWG WAG  (Read 1713 times)

Offline seanham

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Summoning TWG WAG
« on: August 06, 2021, 02:55:14 AM »
I was recently thinking about Skin Game and the 5 artifacts/weapons in the vault. We know that each artifact is powerful, but why were all 5 together, and why were they in an armory? We know that Mab wanted Harry to get the artifacts to help her in the battle with the Outsiders but are they powerful enough to make that much of a large-scale difference? I'm wondering if the 5 artifacts can be used to summon The White God. During the BAT, when all hope seems lost, Harry will summon TWG to banish the Outsiders back beyond the Outergates, winning the battle. This could maybe also be interpreted as the Second Comming of Christ.

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Summoning TWG WAG
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 03:51:43 AM »
Yes. Compare with the Erlking summoning

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 05:25:15 AM »
Wouldn't that...end the universe? Or be redundant...

Depending on what theory you go with it should do one of two things:

a) TWG is summoned and due to the simply insane, unfathomable power it breaks reality and everything goes back to the way it was before creation started.

OR

b) Nothing happens as TWG is literally everywhere already, and therefore was already there the whole time, which means TWG is everything i.e. Creation. 

If an avatar was summoned that's all it would be. An avatar. Similar to summoning one of the Queens when trying to summon Winter itself or something like that. Arguably, the being that is most likely to show up is the Metatron, being the Voice of God. An angel or perhaps not an angel. Depends on how you look at it. Alternatively, an Archangel might show up.

I'd doubt Jesus or some other mortal avatar of TWG would show up. It's possible, but unless you meant to summon them deliberately I don't see why they would appear. Nothing at that level happens by accident. You get whoever you're meant to get.

Offline Basil

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2021, 04:26:29 AM »
Strictly speaking God isn't "everything" -- that would be Pantheism of a sort.  God is omnipresent, meaning he's everywhere. 

Because of his omnipresence, summoning God is pointless.  You summon a being from where it is to where you are.  Being everywhere at once means that God is already there. 

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2021, 05:00:32 AM »
I was recently thinking about Skin Game and the 5 artifacts/weapons in the vault. We know that each artifact is powerful, but why were all 5 together, and why were they in an armory? We know that Mab wanted Harry to get the artifacts to help her in the battle with the Outsiders but are they powerful enough to make that much of a large-scale difference? I'm wondering if the 5 artifacts can be used to summon The White God. During the BAT, when all hope seems lost, Harry will summon TWG to banish the Outsiders back beyond the Outergates, winning the battle. This could maybe also be interpreted as the Second Comming of Christ.

I just don't see it.  I don't think fans would be happy with "Harry called God to fix everything, and so it was done".  Outsiders were locked out by TWG.  He created the rules so they could basically only come in if mortals brought them in (choice).  Anyways TWG has his Angels to take part in reality, I don't see Him being summoned. 
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2021, 05:27:18 AM »
I just don't see it.  I don't think fans would be happy with "Harry called God to fix everything, and so it was done".  Outsiders were locked out by TWG.  He created the rules so they could basically only come in if mortals brought them in (choice).  Anyways TWG has his Angels to take part in reality, I don't see Him being summoned.

Yeah, I agree, it isn't that simple.  The Artifacts are weapons, as Hades said
"My armory exists to contain weapons of terrible power during times when they are not needed.  I collect them and keep them to prevent their power from being abused in quieter times.""But why lock them where anyone with enough resources can get them?" I asked.
"To prevent anyone without the skill or the commitment to use them well from having them,"he said.  "It is not my task to keep them from all of mortal kind--only from incompetents."
So I don't think they can be used to summon the Almighty, apparently Harry has enough skill it is judged to use them on his own.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2021, 06:50:30 AM »
Wouldn't that...end the universe? Or be redundant...

Depending on what theory you go with it should do one of two things:

a) TWG is summoned and due to the simply insane, unfathomable power it breaks reality and everything goes back to the way it was before creation started.

OR

b) Nothing happens as TWG is literally everywhere already, and therefore was already there the whole time, which means TWG is everything i.e. Creation. 

If an avatar was summoned that's all it would be. An avatar. Similar to summoning one of the Queens when trying to summon Winter itself or something like that. Arguably, the being that is most likely to show up is the Metatron, being the Voice of God. An angel or perhaps not an angel. Depends on how you look at it. Alternatively, an Archangel might show up.

I'd doubt Jesus or some other mortal avatar of TWG would show up. It's possible, but unless you meant to summon them deliberately I don't see why they would appear. Nothing at that level happens by accident. You get whoever you're meant to get.
Mister shows up.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2021, 11:37:00 AM »
Strictly speaking God isn't "everything" -- that would be Pantheism of a sort.  God is omnipresent, meaning he's everywhere. 

Because of his omnipresence, summoning God is pointless.  You summon a being from where it is to where you are.  Being everywhere at once means that God is already there.
That's certainly an argument, but it's not mutually exclusive necessarily either. As we don't have a strict definition of TWG it's very hard to say anything with certainty.

If you don't go with the "God is everything" idea about TWG, then I the only other way that TWG can be everywhere is by being some sort of extradimensional force that literally permeates everything, including matter, energy and vacuums. Sort of like a brane. There isn't really any other way for it TWG to be everywhere otherwise, logically.

Mister shows up.
That would be hilarious.