Author Topic: Ivy's gonna be busy  (Read 2169 times)

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Ivy's gonna be busy
« on: August 01, 2021, 03:08:41 AM »
A funny thought just occurred to me, the Archive has a day to day job outside of just being a neutral mediator, that job is basically sharing knowledge if she can (the premise of the Accelerated RPG being that Marcone commissioned her to write something up) so she can part with knowledge just fine if it doesn't clash with her neutrality agreement.

With the masquerade on track to collapse she's going to be known by more than just the supernatural side of things. Once this happens absolutely every culture that's ever lost stuff to attempted erasure and every historian in general are going to be knocking at her door demanding hundreds or thousands of books of content each.

She'd better have a spell for just pumping info straight into word documents because otherwise she's booked for the next 800 years minimum.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Ivy's gonna be busy
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2021, 03:23:55 AM »
Or she could just go into hiding and fog the memories of the few people who do find her. Even if she does get pinned down by some faction, others will rally to her. Plus the only way we've seen to keep her captive is to isolate her in a semi-conscious state, which would make it difficult to get information from her.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2021, 03:38:22 AM »
Or she could just go into hiding and fog the memories of the few people who do find her. Even if she does get pinned down by some faction, others will rally to her. Plus the only way we've seen to keep her captive is to isolate her in a semi-conscious state, which would make it difficult to get information from her.
I don't mean kidnappers (though she'd doubtless get a lot of those too) I'm talking about people legitimately paying for her services or begging for information.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2021, 03:52:03 AM »
She'd probably just politely say no. Unless she had some spell that could transfer large amounts of data at super high speeds, it would be too much of a bother.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2021, 04:56:17 AM »
At the rate things are going, I'm guessing that society might collapse entirely. If anything, she'll be asked by the surviving leaders to help recover what was lost, and she'll churn things out. But she'll probably be locked away, and nobody is going to have access to her.

Offline Basil

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2021, 05:18:13 AM »
Isn't Ivy the head of the Librarians? 

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2021, 05:54:03 AM »
At the rate things are going, I'm guessing that society might collapse entirely. If anything, she'll be asked by the surviving leaders to help recover what was lost, and she'll churn things out. But she'll probably be locked away, and nobody is going to have access to her.
I expect the ending will be a bit more optimistic than that.
Isn't Ivy the head of the Librarians? 
She runs the Venatori/the Oblivion War, not the Librarians.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2021, 12:00:32 PM »
I expect society to collapse, and then a period of darkness (a post-apocalyptic world) and then maybe, a renewed world. But probably not much like our world. Assuming the second coming or some such doesn't happen and everyone goes to Paradise.

I wouldn't be so sure she doesn't also run the Librarians. She quite easily could run several major organisations with the knowledge she has.

She'll be busy one way or another - either dealing with the apocalypse(s) and aftermath, or society getting to know her.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2021, 03:29:07 PM »
I expect the ending will be a bit more optimistic than that.
I think the end will be a new world a lot like this one, but with magic openly practiced and the supernatural public knowledge. Where Harry won't be the only wizard in the book.

I expect society to collapse, and then a period of darkness (a post-apocalyptic world) and then maybe, a renewed world. But probably not much like our world. Assuming the second coming or some such doesn't happen and everyone goes to Paradise.
I think things will break at the end of the case files, be very bad and apocalyptic during the big apocalyptic trilogy (it's in the name, so), and then just starting to rebuild at the end in the epilogue.

I'm also currently intrigued with the idea that, with numerous starborn running around, one other than Harry might play the big role that decides things at the end of the case files. He might be the starborn that rights the ship, but another might sink it to actually cause the BAT.

Offline seanham

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2021, 12:05:46 AM »
Personally, I think that it would be fun if Ivy is discovered as the Archive to either hide in plain sight or on some secluded mountain. In either case, she would leave some breadcrumb trail, and only the most worthy or smartest individuals would be able to find her and gain knowledge.

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2021, 01:44:02 AM »
I think the end will be a new world a lot like this one, but with magic openly practiced and the supernatural public knowledge. Where Harry won't be the only wizard in the book.

I think things will break at the end of the case files, be very bad and apocalyptic during the big apocalyptic trilogy (it's in the name, so), and then just starting to rebuild at the end in the epilogue.

I'm also currently intrigued with the idea that, with numerous starborn running around, one other than Harry might play the big role that decides things at the end of the case files. He might be the starborn that rights the ship, but another might sink it to actually cause the BAT.
I'd say two thirds into the last book rather than the epilogue as there will be a lot to wrap up I imagine, but we'll see.

But I agree about the timing of the first apocalypse. Likely a cliff hanger in the final book of the case files, leaving us all jonesing for the BAT.

Oh yeah, that would be intriguing. I'd say it was Elaine if anyone...but Listen could be just as good a possibility. Maybe even another one. I'm still wondering about Lara's new head of security. Listen is fairly confident there is hardly any left, but I'd say there was more than just Harry and Listen and Elaine. 5-10 seems about right.

Sounds like a good idea for the new world. Alternatively, it's one without magic at all. But I would prefer one with magic practiced openly. I suspect by the end there will be so few people it will just be small communities rebuilding around the world. Little towns type of thing, but with modern tech and magic, and very small government.