Author Topic: Did the FBI Agent's soulgaze look into the future?  (Read 1674 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Did the FBI Agent's soulgaze look into the future?
« on: July 25, 2021, 05:36:34 AM »
Ok so when the FBI agent had a soulgaze with Dresden, he started screaming about not believing in hell.  I think he may have been seeing Harry as the Warden or Jailer being able to lock him away for eternity. 

I know Soulgazes show you who the person is, but I also know that Demonreach is built in five different time periods which means Harry being Warden could travel through time, and show in a Soulgaze.  It would mean that from some point in time it became a type of destiny.  So Eb may not have seen it, but at some point a Choice put Harry on the path to become Warden.  My guess would be that the decisions in Storm Front put Harry on the path.

If not that, what do you think caused him to start screaming about not believing in hell from a Soulgaze with Harry? 
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline hiddendotgif

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Did the FBI Agent's soulgaze look into the future?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 09:48:16 AM »
I wish I could say we are looking into things too much, and that it's just Harry's affinity with fire - but that's not very like Butcher's style. It could be something similar to what Harry saw in Molly, though - paths, choices, maybe a Harry in white knightly armor, a gray Harry as he is then and there, and a Dark Harry with the goatee in all, shrouded in flames. Jim did say that Harry was on a darker path, after all.
"Be the chaos you want to see in the world" - Mollymauk

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 05:17:48 PM »
If not that, what do you think caused him to start screaming about not believing in hell from a Soulgaze with Harry?
I think Denton saw retribution on steroids, and since he knew he was guilty he began to cry and beg to avoid damnation..  More than once we've caught glimpses of this in Harry's nature all through the series, especially when the weak and the innocent are being preyed upon.  There is evidence that Denton and company got their wolf belts from Cowl, or someone that matches his description even if vague, that is Blackcourt all the way, what he saw in that soul gaze was it's absolute foe..

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 06:34:12 PM »
Two thoughts on this.

1. Harry as an agent for retribution: In either DM or GP, Harry is worried about his bad acts coming back on him three fold in a sow the wind, reap the whirlwind kind of way. Michael, who has soulgazed Harry, asks Harry if he has ever considered that Harry is the whirlwind.

2. It's definitely possible that the soulgaze gave him a glimpse of the future: In StF, the Sight definitely lets you see the future. This is pretty much left behind in later books, but not entirely. Harry has different visions of who Molly can be in PG, and Luccio tells Harry about how the Sight "comes in" as a young wizard matures in SmF.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2021, 11:32:20 PM »
My longstanding interpretation is he saw him as death with HWWB as hell following after. This detail is what got me into most of my 4 horsemen incarnation ideas.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2021, 01:39:39 AM »
He might have just seen fire and demons surrounding Harry, and assumed Harry was commanding them or working for them. Or he saw the remnants of Behind in Harry's aura, like the junkie did.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2021, 04:01:23 AM »
He might have just seen fire and demons surrounding Harry, and assumed Harry was commanding them or working for them. Or he saw the remnants of Behind in Harry's aura, like the junkie did.

No, I don't think it was that, Denton said;
"No," Denton said, white showing all around the grey irises of his eyes.  "No,wizard." He raised his gun. "I don't believe in hell.  I won't let you." He was screamed then, at the top of his lungs.  "I won't let you!"

It wasn't what he saw in Harry's aura, it was what he feared Harry was, as in retribution.

1. Harry as an agent for retribution: In either DM or GP, Harry is worried about his bad acts coming back on him three fold in a sow the wind, reap the whirlwind kind of way. Michael, who has soulgazed Harry, asks Harry if he has ever considered that Harry is the whirlwind.

Found this Biblical reference..

Jeremiah 23:19   
Verse Concepts

“Behold, the storm of the Lord has gone forth in wrath,
Even a whirling tempest;
It will swirl down on the head of the wicked.

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Whirlwinds

That fits I think, Denton saw wrath and retribution coming his way when he looked into Harry.