Author Topic: Gregor?  (Read 2234 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Gregor?
« on: July 24, 2021, 05:57:03 AM »
"In Proven Guilty, Gregor was mentioned as the male leader of a small coven Charity Carpenter joined when she fell in with him when first found her magic as a teen and young woman. Gregor resented the White Council and their Wardens warning him and his little group of misfits to heed the rules of Magic or risk execution. He went on to teach them forbidden things on the darker side of magic.[29]

Several of his students started to vanish one by one. Charity realized why; he was exchanging them for power. Gregor realised she knew and chained her to a pole as an offering for the dragon Siriothrax in exchange for more magical power. Michael Carpenter rescues her, slaying the Dragon"

So this Gregor could still be alive?  I wonder if he's a member of the Black Council, or even Cowl.  He could still be out there. 
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Gregor?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2021, 11:38:44 AM »
I figure that if Michael didn't take him out the White Council definitely did when they heard that a Dragon got ganked and went to investigate everything related.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2021, 02:59:55 PM »

I forgot about him, I'd say there was a good chance he got his head removed some time ago.  If not, he might be a foot soldier for the Black Council, but I don't see him as Cowl, I think Cowl has been around a lot longer than that.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2021, 06:14:54 PM »
I figure that if Michael didn't take him out the White Council definitely did when they heard that a Dragon got ganked and went to investigate everything related.

Maybe but I doubt Michael gave an interview.  They probably heard a KoTC ganked a Dragon and figured it was above their paygrade.  It actually does make one question just why a KoTC was sent there to begin with.  Plenty of people get eaten, or destroyed by the Supernatural (just ask all the victims of vampires and ghouls), and a KoTC doesn't show up.

I forgot about him, I'd say there was a good chance he got his head removed some time ago.  If not, he might be a foot soldier for the Black Council, but I don't see him as Cowl, I think Cowl has been around a lot longer than that.

Cowl does feel like he's got a lot of years on him, but Gregor was trading lives for power, and it's been decades.  Over those years he could have gained a good deal of power, and knowledge by trading up. 

Also he was already in the business of making deals with a freaking Dragon.  I doubt Harry would have known how to summon one before meeting Ferro without Bob's help.  So Gregor did have a decent amount of knowledge, and connections to be dealing with one.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 06:17:50 PM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline seanham

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2021, 06:41:05 PM »
I don't think Gregor will show up again. I feel like it's one of those small details that Jim forgot about. However, it is a good point that a KoTC was sent to stop the killing. It could be that WTG knew Michael's path and wanted to give him someone to standby and support him. Kind of like the sang "Behind every great man is a greater woman." Charity is in many ways Michael's rock and strong point, and without her, maybe Michael would have given up the sword earlier, allowing for greater darkness to come into the world.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2021, 07:11:58 PM »
I think I read something about him being eaten by the dragon, but I have no idea about the source.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2021, 05:26:49 AM »
I think I read something about him being eaten by the dragon, but I have no idea about the source.

Haha That would not surprise me.  I kind of think that Michael saving Charity from the Dragon was Jim doing the whole Knight in shining armor saving the woman from a dragon story, and how it happened isn't really relevant (Gregor is not important).

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2021, 10:02:40 AM »
That can be a danger when the intended sacrifice escapes. See what happened with Madge in blood rites.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2021, 02:33:55 AM »
I had the impression he was a small timer who used rituals to try to get real power. I don't think he ever had Cowl's juice. If Michael didn't get him the likes of Morgan did. He broke enough laws. If the Wardens didn't, Harry would have said something, he'll know the details and he'd have checked if Gregor was ever caught.   

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2021, 11:30:10 AM »
Didn't Charity say Gregor went mad when Michael killed his patron?

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2021, 06:11:29 PM »
I remember it too. I'm thinking it must of been a WoJ or the Paranet Papers because it's definitely not from the books.

Didn't Charity say Gregor went mad when Michael killed his patron?
Yes.
When Siriothrax died, Gregor went mad. Utterly mad.
Ch. 32.

So I too definitely remember something about him being eaten, but the book clearly states that he outlived the dragon.

Jim makes a lot of little mistakes like that. Rereading StF, I noticed his circle starts out as brass when Jim sets up how the circle is covered in clutter, but ends up as copper when Harry has to clear it to avoid being eaten by the toad demon.