Author Topic: Old topic probably, but...question  (Read 1414 times)

Offline EBRIEN

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Old topic probably, but...question
« on: July 04, 2021, 02:06:21 PM »
I vaguely remember a mention of Dresden and Supernatural years ago and recently, I've been listening to Kim Harrison's Hollows series.

Question: If you could crossover Dresden with another series (Urban Fantasy or other genre), which would it be and why? Follow-up question: How would you go about bringing Harry into that world?

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Old topic probably, but...question
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 05:45:36 PM »
Crossover method is easy. Bob established that every universe is out there somewhere in the never-never, just really far away. Even Spider-Man.

So Harry can get anywhere, and it can be via mistake using his mom's amulet and ruby.

As for what series, I'd like to see him with Doctor Who. His murphyonic field messing with the TARDIS and sonic screwdriver, Who breaking the law against time travel, Molly there flirting with the doctor only to realize she's found the only other man in existence that will never actually be with her... Lots of potential for hijinks.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2021, 02:41:09 AM »
Oh, that's easy. Rivers of London. He'd be constantly questioning whether Peter was snarking him, but it would be too British to ever be quite sure. And the magic is all based on Latin spell words, where the basic elements have to be strung together in a proper grammar to achieve complex effects - Harry would be so lost.

Mechanism? Perhaps Alfred requires Harry to represent him to cross-multiversal genii loci diplomacy.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2021, 10:54:50 PM »
Goodkind's Sword of Truth. I want his description of Kahlan.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline EBRIEN

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2021, 02:34:19 AM »
Thanks for your answers. Since I'm currently reading Kim Harrison's Hollows series, I kinda think he starts mucking about with ley line magic on Demonreach, gets pulled into a line, and shifted to Rachel Morgan's world of the Hollows.