Author Topic: How hard did Ebenezar try to kill Lord Raith?  (Read 8798 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: How hard did Ebenezar try to kill Lord Raith?
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2021, 10:27:15 AM »
I think that the ones with more intel, literal precognition and a bunch of already subverted agents will have a slight advantage in terms of initiative when it comes to guerilla warfare.

I don't know, can they create a veil and appear invisible while in plain sight? 

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2021, 10:35:48 AM »
That's assuming only the supernatural side gets to sneak attack. Yes, the nations that dwell in the NeverNever are gonna have an advantage but the ones based in reality have security problems also. We invaded and occupied a foreign nation over 5000 deaths in a terrorist attack. If something like Chicago happened, thre Formor would be seeing some nuclear torpedoes headed their way and most other nations wouldn't bat an eye.

I find it highly unlikely that a nuclear response would be used against the fomor even if their hidden cities were found.

Flooding the deep places of the ocean with Radioactive fallout is a fools game.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2021, 10:41:13 AM »
I find it highly unlikely that a nuclear response would be used against the fomor even if their hidden cities were found.

Admittedly it's a fools game that is probably going to happen in canon based on the prophecy with Corb.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2021, 11:12:28 AM »
Admittedly it's a fools game that is probably going to happen in canon based on the prophecy with Corb.
Ah maybe Jim is just going to destroy everything in his last books. During changes he had so much fun destroying all Harry’s stuff so he decided to do it on an even bigger scale.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2021, 11:22:29 AM »
Ah maybe Jim is just going to destroy everything in his last books. During changes he had so much fun destroying all Harry’s stuff so he decided to do it on an even bigger scale.
It's not an apocalypse without some hefty property damage after all. You can't just punch a hole in Australia and call it a day.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2021, 11:47:27 AM »
It's not an apocalypse without some hefty property damage after all. You can't just punch a hole in Australia and call it a day.
We end up with a global nuclear winter where Mab rules supreme and small pockets of humans and less powerful supernaturals living in small pockets protected by magic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_winter
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2021, 05:16:14 PM »

Fallout is a problem of large bombs with aerial or ground bursts. We make much smaller bukes now that can be used on a tactical rather than strategic warfare level and are much cleaner.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2021, 05:56:34 PM »
Fallout is a problem of large bombs with aerial or ground bursts. We make much smaller bukes now that can be used on a tactical rather than strategic warfare level and are much cleaner.
Much cleaner is still dirty enough especially if used on a grand scale. It just takes longer. But you won’t get a nuclear winter from a few bombs otherwise we already had one. You must think really big for that. Apocalyptically big.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2021, 07:41:23 PM »

It has already begun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkAvjSfXx9I
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2021, 02:19:38 PM »

I've more-or-less assumed that Harry is going to use Maggie's pentacle to make that one happen- maybe borrow from Morgan and the naagloshi.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2021, 03:49:03 PM »
I've more-or-less assumed that Harry is going to use Maggie's pentacle to make that one happen- maybe borrow from Morgan and the naagloshi.
Not spectacular enough. Hydrogen bomb.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2021, 07:00:10 PM »
Much cleaner is still dirty enough especially if used on a grand scale. It just takes longer. But you won’t get a nuclear winter from a few bombs otherwise we already had one. You must think really big for that. Apocalyptically big.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davy_Crockett_(nuclear_device)

We had these 50+ years ago. They were inaccurate by the military standards of the day(50 meter radius leeway, but I would want to be within that) but were meant to be used on the battlefield at ranges of 1-2 miles. That same warhead is now available as a variant for TV-guided bombs which are much more accurate and for mines and torpedoes.

When you consider they be used almost exclusively on enemy territory that is currently unusable by humanity anyway, I'd say they would definitely be an option used.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2021, 07:19:29 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davy_Crockett_(nuclear_device)

We had these 50+ years ago. They were inaccurate by the military standards of the day(50 meter radius leeway, but I would want to be within that) but were meant to be used on the battlefield at ranges of 1-2 miles. That same warhead is now available as a variant for TV-guided bombs which are much more accurate and for mines and torpedoes.

When you consider they be used almost exclusively on enemy territory that is currently unusable by humanity anyway, I'd say they would definitely be an option used.

"great fear that some sergeant would start a nuclear war"
That thing has control issues. And what territory is both reachable with this weapon and unusable by humanity?
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2021, 09:49:47 PM »
That thing has control issues. And what territory is both reachable with this weapon and unusable by humanity?

That warhead is used in nuclear torpedoes. That's what humanity would use against the Formor.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2021, 09:58:54 PM »
That warhead is used in nuclear torpedoes. That's what humanity would use against the Formor.
Any idea what would happen if you pollute the seas with nuclear waste? The Fomor would just retreat in the nevernever. They probably can handle radiation better than humans because of magical regeneration.
SH[Elaine+++]