Author Topic: So Mab needed Anduriel...  (Read 2365 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
So Mab needed Anduriel...
« on: July 04, 2021, 06:06:16 PM »
Was thinking about this earlier.  Mab needed Anduriel so she could be in two places at once.  That's interesting for sure, but I thought of another take on it.  What if she needed to be in two different times at once?  This could be tied to the time traveling story....  Just a thought.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: So Mab needed Anduriel...
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 08:35:41 PM »
Was thinking about this earlier.  Mab needed Anduriel so she could be in two places at once.  That's interesting for sure, but I thought of another take on it.  What if she needed to be in two different times at once?  This could be tied to the time traveling story....  Just a thought.

I am confused, how and when did Mab need Anduriel to be in two places at once?  I'm not trying to be snarky, I just don't remember.  I know in Skin Game at Mac's place she did her thing so that Anduriel/Nic couldn't listen in and Kringle was able to introduce Harry to Mr Gray's resume.. But her actually using Anduriel, I cannot remember.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2021, 09:20:54 PM »
She had to do something but she had to be somewhere else as well and she had no reliable underlings to do that job yet so she hired someone for a favor. I think it is that simple.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2021, 09:24:42 PM »
Mira. It's WOJ that Mab owed Anduriel a favor for taking a role she needed to fill when she couldn't fill it.  That was why she returned the favor in Skin Game.  It's also why she has someone, Lea, in a position to take this role without having to outsource it again.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2021, 10:18:57 PM »
Mira. It's WOJ that Mab owed Anduriel a favor for taking a role she needed to fill when she couldn't fill it.  That was why she returned the favor in Skin Game.  It's also why she has someone, Lea, in a position to take this role without having to outsource it again.

Sigh of relief, so this all happened off page and I didn't lose my mind..  Yeah, I forget stuff, we all do in the series, I know supposedly she was repaying a favor in Skin Game, but it came off like it was to Nic and not Andriel, and why she owed a favor was never explained that I can remember in the book itself.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2021, 06:15:55 AM »
It was a favor to Nicodemus.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2021, 10:16:00 AM »
It was a favor to Nicodemus.

That is what I thought, but why she owed a favor was never on page if I remember correctly, that is what threw me.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2021, 10:57:05 PM »
It must have happened early in her career. Probably before McCoy was even born.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2021, 02:51:42 AM »
It must have happened early in her career. Probably before McCoy was even born.

Maybe, or it could have happened just before Changes, or any time actually, just because did a favor for Mab that she has to repay.  It doesn't necessarily follow that she has to inform Harry as to what it was or when it was, and come to think of it, that wallop along side of his head was exactly that message.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2021, 05:23:33 AM »
Maybe, or it could have happened just before Changes, or any time actually, just because did a favor for Mab that she has to repay.  It doesn't necessarily follow that she has to inform Harry as to what it was or when it was, and come to think of it, that wallop along side of his head was exactly that message.
It must have happened earlier because it happened before she had Lea as her regular stand in.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2021, 10:49:59 AM »
It must have happened earlier because it happened before she had Lea as her regular stand in.

I don't know if that is all that clear when Lea became a regular stand in.  I say that because in the
early books Lea was discontented and there seemed to be trust issues between her and Mab, that was one reason why she coveted the Knife so much, power.  At least that is the impression I got from the time we first meet her until Mab cures her of Nemesis.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2021, 12:57:19 PM »
I don't know if that is all that clear when Lea became a regular stand in.  I say that because in the
early books Lea was discontented and there seemed to be trust issues between her and Mab, that was one reason why she coveted the Knife so much, power.  At least that is the impression I got from the time we first meet her until Mab cures her of Nemesis.
I got the impression that it was a long time ago but if you go for a more recent date then the attack on arctic tor with hellfire could actually something completely different and the hellfire was used by Nicodemus Anahi’s daughter against those attacking the place and Lea was recruited after that. It was all because Mab could not fall back on Maeve.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline gorgonson

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2021, 01:05:51 PM »
I believe there was a WOJ(which I now can't find) that the favor was owed to Anduriel when she was first elevated to watch over the outer gates and she needed to be in two places at once and Lea wasn't her fill in at that time.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2021, 02:55:10 PM »
I got the impression that it was a long time ago but if you go for a more recent date then the attack on arctic tor with hellfire could actually something completely different and the hellfire was used by Nicodemus Anahi’s daughter against those attacking the place and Lea was recruited after that. It was all because Mab could not fall back on Maeve.

But Lea had already been exposed to Nemesis/Knife before the attack on Arctis Tor.  The exposure began in Grave Peril, Lea was under ice treatment in Proven Guilty, it was around that time that the attack happened because Harry mentions smelling or guessing that Hell Fire had been used.  But I get most of my information from the books and short stories, so I could be missing a WOJ or the other sources for that. 
I believe there was a WOJ(which I now can't find) that the favor was owed to Anduriel when she was first elevated to watch over the outer gates and she needed to be in two places at once and Lea wasn't her fill in at that time.

Now that makes the most sense.